lies

“God dammit! Agent 26-2 and 73-0 haven’t returned! Not even that new recruit,” Namiko throws herself onto a chair in her room, lost in her frustration. I wanted to say something about all three of them, I wanted to tell her they found something better than this hell hole of a place. “Any clue why they haven’t came back?!” Namiko turns to me with her sharp emerald eyes. I start turning pale as my stomach turned, I promised Bonnie and Koro that I wouldn’t say a thing about them having interest to inklings. “N-No m’aam,” I quietly shake my head, I felt so guilty because I’m always the one who has to tell Namiko everything that’s happening. “Interesting~” Namiko shakes her head. “My little messenger always tells the truth... so tell me bluebird, you’re not hiding anything are you?” My stomach started turning as guilt possessed me. Nervously I glanced downward, and that’s what made her snap. “No eye contact? Could it be? She lies?” Namiko gets up, walking towards me with a sinister smirk.

I froze, as much as I can’t tell her, I have to. It’s my job and I’m failing it. “What’s wrong Tako~? It seems you gotten paler than usual~” she grabs my chin to make me have some type of eye contact. Her emerald eyes gleam with pure hatred, as suddenly I felt cold pain dig into my pale skin, my blue squid blood started erupt dripping down my arm. “This very knife will go deeper until you tell me what you’re hiding, if you don’t tell me it looks like you’ll lose a limb dear~” she smirks evilly and starts digging the knife down more. “I’m sure I’m not hiding anything m’aam,” I wince in pain. My knees started shaking and trying to lock as I started losing more blood. “Why not say what’s deep inside~?” She giggles as my arm starts feeling numb.

“I-I’m not h-hiding *cough*... anything!” I croak, falling backwards. “I can see those soulless silver eyes of yours are lying,” she holds up the knife and brings down on the cut, making me yelp. “Tako!” A voice opens the door, me and Namiko look at a silhouette of Bonnie. “A-Agent 26-6?” Namiko smiles. Thank god she came... “She’s stabbed herself, so I was helping pull it out...” “I’ll take it from here...” Bonnie throws Namiko off of me and picks me up. “Thank you Agent 26-6,” Namiko forced an innocent smile. “Just doing my job m’aam,” Bonnie bows and runs me to hospital rooms located above the sanitation department. “You’re so lucky I saved your ass back there,” Bonnie sighs. “Yeah thanks...” I coughed, as my vision was blacking out.

•••Moments Later•••

The lights above me blinds me when I awoke, but something felt different. I sit up from the bed, feeling more off. I start to stretch, only feeling one arm moving, only meant one thing.

My left arm was taken.