Please Don't Make Any Sudden Moves

Kaylee's Pov

I was suddenly thrust into consciousness. When my eyes fluttered open I looked down to see arms wrapped around my middle, arms tipped with perfectly ironed sleeves and a suit jacket. Instead of fighting, I looked up at the man holding me, to see Mark. Except it wasn't, he was paler and had a weird aura to him and he was whispering to me. I pushed him away from me.

"Who are you? What have you done with Mark?" I demanded. The doppelganger was taken aback.

"Now listen here little girl -" Mark stopped himself as he changed back to his normal self. He looked me up and down. "Did Dark hurt you at all?"

"No, why would he? In fact, he seemed quite infatuated with me, to be honest. It was weird." I looked away from Mark and noticed Ethan on his knees, panting. I ran over and helped him up, fetching his water bottle from his backpack pocket. When he seems to have recovered a bit, he hoarsely thanks me and I look to the other two boys.

"Should we continue the tour?" Mark asked.

"Actually is there a bathroom somewhere?" Jack asked. I pointed near the gym and he walked away briskly, hands in the pockets of his khakis. Something was odd about that kid, I swear. I looked at Mark, who was staring out the window.

"I want an explanation," I demanded. Mark looked up at me.

"About what?" Playing dumb I see.

"You know what." I was stern, it was the closest to intimidating that I could get. Mark sighed.

"Have you ever heard of demons?" I nodded in confusion. "Well, you see these aren't ordinary demons. They are our opposites. Usually, they're dangerous and can kill without hesitation. Like I said before Jack and I have ours. Mine is Dark and his Anti. You also seem to have one, as does Ethan. Yours is named Phoenix and according to Dark, she seems to have emotion, something that's not quite common in egos. Ethan's is named Blank, he seems to be an oddball of anxiety right now so he's hard to read. Now tell me, do you nurture the voice in your head?"

"Yes, I do," I answered slowly. "She's quite nice to me, it's just my thoughts and they never seem to prey on my mental wellbeing. In fact, the voice in my head is really helpful a lot of the time."

"Interesting," Mark mumbled. I studied his face, he seemed lost in thought. Maybe talking to Dark.

"Do you think Dark would try to hurt me through Phoenix, knowing that she's emotionally vulnerable?" I asked. Mark shook his head and smiled at me.

"No, and if he does, I'll hurt him and make sure he can never hurt you again." His eyes filled with a different emotion. Rage? Lust? Pride? I couldn't tell.

~Fancy lil time skip~

"Thank you for the tour. It was nice to meet you." Mark said as the final bell rang. I could tell it was mostly directed at me and I smiled.

"Likewise." I smiled at both him and Jack. Jack had seemed disinterested ever since the whole ego disaster. Mark grabbed his phone from his pocket.

"Hey Kaylee, I'd like to get your number. Maybe we can be friends." I smiled sheepishly and grabbed my own phone. We swapped and I entered my number. When I went to write my name I decided to be funny and wrote 'Kay❤️❤️' I handed his phone back and saw his face turn bright red. I took mine and looked at what he put his name as. Just plain old 'Mark'. He must think I'm weird now. Who wouldn't? Ignoring the voice in my head, I looked over to Ethan.

"Hey am I still driving you home?" I asked him. He nodded and waved to the guys before starting off towards the parking lot. I followed but soon stopped and looked back at Mark.