How'd I get here, sitting next to you?

Mark's POV

Day two at Disney. Day two of random ego bullshit. Day two of being with the girl that I like more than anything in the world. I still feel horrible for getting Kaylee caught up in the whole ego issue. She doesn't deserve any of this. Now with the whole Ethan issue. I just wanted to see her happy.

I glanced over at the girl holding my hand as we walked through the entrance of the park. She looked preoccupied. I squeezed her hand and she looked up at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. Kay smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine." A lie. I just didn't want to keep pressing, so I pointed towards a shop.

"Do you want some Minnie ears?" I asked. She smiled a genuine smile.

"Sure." Kay dragged me towards a wall of hats and headbands. She scanned the wall and spotted something. "Close your eyes."

"Why?" I asked as I did so.

"Because I said so." I felt her struggle to get something on my head. I kept my eyes closed, even when I felt something tickle the back of my neck. "Open."

"It took you long enough." I looked in a mirror. She had put bright pink ears with fairy wings and like ribbon things on me. I laughed and kissed her on the forehead. "You have great taste my darling."

"Whatever. Now find one for me." She laughed and closed her eyes. I decided I'd be nice and found her one I thought she would actually quite like. I positioned it on her head and turned her towards a mirror. She fixed the floral ears a bit and turned back to smile at me. "Quality choice."

"Only the best for you." I laughed.

"God get a room." I turned around to see Dark and Phoenix. Phoenix had her own set of golden Minnie ears. It was honestly odd seeing her looking so normal. Even Dark. He had ditched the suit for a tee and shorts. Phoenix pulled Kay aside and whispered something to her. The two girls soon were having a full-on hushed conversation and Dark looked at me, a laugh escaping his mouth. It was weird.

"What are you laughing at?" I questioned.

"Well Mark, I think after having me stuck in your head for so long, you've started taking on some of my habits." I looked at him quizzically. "You call her darling. Literally, no one your age does that unironically."

"I guess you're right but I mean it's a nice pet name." I defended. I looked over at Kay who was having an animated conversation with Phoenix. "That is the best I've seen those two get along. What in the world could they be talking about?"

"And then he kissed me on the Ferris wheel!" Phoenix squealed a little too loudly.

"That's what they're talking about." Dark walked over to Phoenix and placed a hand on her shoulder. "We can hear you."

"S-sorry." Phoenix blushed bright red. Dark pecked her on the forehead and said something to her. Honestly, as much as I hated him, we weren't that different. Well I mean we are basically the same person. Oh, I forgot you can do that. Kay grabbed the ears from my head and walked to the counter to pay. I was so caught off guard by the sudden arrival of Dark and his weirdly childish girlfriend that I had forgotten I was wearing those.

"I guess I'll see you guys later." I waved to them and walked over to Kay. She put the ears back on my head and we started our day of ride riding. We went through a bunch of rides in the main park for a while, stopping for lunch at some point during the day. Later on, we went over to the California Adventure park and kind of just bullshitted. (I'm an east coast boyo so I've been to Disney World but not land. Sorry for the actual Disney parts being shitty.) When we decided we were done with the parks we headed back to our room. This time we were actually tired so we opted for room service and cuddling. Kay started to fall asleep in my arms and I kissed her on the forehead.