Chapter 5

we walked into the school building, you could smell the rain from the night before filling the outside air. The ground was damp and everything around us was slick from lastnights rain as we walked in. As we went to the bandroom door a very excited Audrey ran infront of us and started freaking out.

   "You guys arent telling me something!" She screamed and shook my shoulders almost making me drop my clarinet. 

   "No we arent." Jake said looking into her eyes hiding the fact he was lying. Audrey always had a habit of believing almost everything she was told if the right body language was used.

   "lets just tell her," I looked over at Jake who just shrugged, "We are  dating..."

   "What!?! And you didnt tell me!?!" She shrieked and I smiled slightly and nodded. Jake started laughing, she glarred at him and looked back and forth in between us. She raised her hand and hit Jake on the cheek. He hit a wall and his nose started bleeding. He screamed and grabbed his nose. Amedietly feeling bad Audrey looked down then back up at him. "Im sorry. I didnt mean it." He nodded and I took him to the bathroom sinks and started cleaning up the blood with a wet paper towel.

   "You okay?" I asked whipping the blood off his face.

   "Ya Im ok. Sorta funny actually." I couldnt help but to laugh a little when he smiled at me. A few strands of hair had fallen on his forehead. Iran my fingers threw his hair fixing it. I smiled and threw the paper towel in thr trash and we went to go put away our instruments. As we walked in we saw Maggie, who wasnt even supposed to be in the bandroom, and Luke. They where standing there talking but fell silent when we walked in. I couldnt help but give Maggie the look of Whats going on what arent you telling me, when the bell rang for class.