Scene 10 - You are too late!

Thunderbird Shadow zooms over the city, speeding for the edge of the city – and the dam! Her aircraft is approaching. Her motorbike is lowered, and the ship parks along the deserted road, whilst the motorbike stops on the bridge for the dam. Jumping out, running and running to the bridge and the Hood!

Kayo:

NO!

He has the X14 serum. And is about to administer it into the drinking water! Two of his minions hide behind the motorbike, unable to get in.

Hood:

Kayo! What a surprise!

Kayo:

Hood, if you administer the X14 into the drinking supply, you will kill millions.

Hood:

No I won't. They've all been evacuated.

Kayo:

This really isn't your style. Why are you doing this?

Hood:

I really do wish you called me Uncle. This strike across on Los Angeles will show that I am a threat to the world. And that they should be prepared for disaster! And it was only you who was able to figure out my entire plan, once again.

Kayo:

You must have put the bug on the Delta Tanger One-Niner for it to crash into the Los Angeles Car-Vu. And with one of your minions kidnapping the President on the tower, and crashing it into it and a nearby building...

Hood:

Making it International Rescue's first priority. And giving them a perfect distraction for me to fulfil the rest of my plan. And now this substance will wipe out tens of millions in their drinking supply.

Kayo:

Hood, even scientists don't even know how strong the dosage is exactly. Even a phial that small would kill an entire population the size of a country!

Hood:

Oh, you are good, Kayo. But this time, you weren't quite quick enough!

The Hood is about to open the lid! Kayo takes off her helmet and throws it at the Hood's bald head, knocking him backwards as he careers over and the phial drops onto a ledge on the other side. But the Hood falls down into the dam's water as he screams, swallowed in by the water. His minions foolishly try to rescue him.

Kayo:

NO!

Thunderbird 1 zooms towards the scene!

Scott:

Hang in there, Kayo! I'm on my way!

Kayo tries to reach out for the phial. Really tensing and reaching, she desperately tries to grab it. She knocks it and it slides to the edge! It is caught! Kayo caught it just in time. Relived, exhausted and sighing off the relief, she lies back down on the floor again. Thunderbird 1 flies overhead, and Kayo's hologram switches on Scott.

Kayo, what's happened?

Kayo:

Don't worry, Scott. The Hood fell off trying to poison the entire city.

Scott:

Kayo, I think you and I need to have a serious conversation later.

Kayo:

(Panting) Not now, Scott. I think I will take the day off tomorrow. The city of the angles, is safe!

End.

(End credits)