vi.

Harry's late. He's pretty fucking late to his first chemistry class of the year. His professor is the only member of the staff that hates Harry and hell, he probably has enough hatred for all of them. Harry has managed to have straight A's from all of his subjects except for this one because Mr. Trey always fucking has to give Harry a B. It doesn't matter if he actually shows up to class and gets As on his tests, the B will be there no matter what. And how fucking funny is that? Harry's tried everything. Money, blackmailing, asking the principal to kick him out. He actually considered writing a formal complaint and it looks like he's going to have to do it this year because Trey is fucking indestructible. Mr. Trey doesn't give a fuck about money, didn't even jump at the $1 million offer Harry shouted out of frustration. Harry had some very weak blackmailing material because the man probably doesn't even fucking exist outside of the school premises, like a demon possessing a lot. And the principal won't kick him out because he's the Vanderbilt's family friend. So Harry has to contemplate slitting his throat two times a week while measuring shit and pouring it into beakers.

A smile creeps onto Harry's face when he sees he isn't the only latecomer. His smile quickly turns to a frown because it turns out Zayn fucking Malik is walking towards him and he isn't even powerwalking like Harry is. Why the fuck isn't he trying to get to that gargoyle's class as quickly as humanly possible?

"Why aren't you running? Do you want that old asshole to rip your throat out?" Harry whisper-yells, trying to catch his breath near the door.

"Hello to you too, Harry. And wouldn't that just save you some work with getting rid of me?" Zayn walks slowly to the door and smirks at Harry, who's trying to slow down his breathing by leaning on the wall by the door. Harry gives him a nasty look and rolls his eyes.

"Shut up. And open that door before any more time passes or I will be lying in a coffin by tomorrow morning," Harry snaps.

"As you wish, your highness," Zayn grins at him and opens the door to the Classroom of Doom. He walks in first and Harry quickly follows after him. Just to be safe, he doesn't slap on his best smile but a miserable face instead, as if he was just so, so sorry he's missed a chunk of a chemistry lesson.

They're greeted by a scowl and a dash of orange hair, the lovely combination also known as Mr. Hector Trey. He's standing in front of the whiteboard, peering at Harry and Zayn from above his glasses.

"Just the two faces I was missing," he croaks. "Come join us, gentlemen. There is a station in the back waiting just for you. Oh, isn't that a pity. I already made the seating arrangement and I forgot about you, Styles. I wanted you right here in the front, but oh well. In the back you go, boys, go, go, go. Every minute that isn't dedicated to chemistry is wasted! Tick-tock, we don't have all day!"

Harry walks to the back as quickly as he can, ignoring the fact that Zayn's following closely behind him and will be seated next to him for ten months. That's something he's going to deal with as the school years progresses. He throws his bag under the table and puts his textbook and laptop on the worktop. His eyes are on the board as Zayn settles down next to him, doing exactly what Harry did, only he opens his laptop straight away and starts doing something on it. After two minutes of biting his tongue, Harry rolls his eyes and leans a bit closer to Zayn.

"Close that thing if you don't want him to kick you out or make you take notes on paper all year," Harry whispers, his eyes still not leaving the front of the classroom. It's a safety measure for himself. If Zayn starts fucking up, Mr. Trey will keep looking their way and will somehow come up with a way how to yell at Harry for breathing too loudly.

Harry doesn't turn his head to look at Zayn but he'd bet he looked at him all confused with his fucking Bambi eyes. But the warning works because Harry hears Zayn's laptop close just seconds before Mr. Trey starts looking over the classroom.