x.

Harry's first date with Sebastian is also Harry' first-ever brunch date. It's pretty fucking hot that Sebastian couldn't wait until dinner to see Harry, to be honest. Harry left the party maybe half an hour after Sebastian, mostly sober and so fucking happy he could shout it out from the top of Empire State Building. He woke up early too and had a light breakfast with his mom, which hasn't happened in ages. Anne was as surprised as Harry himself to see him in the kitchen at 8 o'clock in the morning. They had a chat, as detached and poised as every single conversation Harry's had with his mother ever since he turned fourteen. Sometimes he hates being the younger child because when Gemma was his age, their mom actually gave a few fucks about her behaviour and what drugs she carried in her YSL clutch. But with Harry, she doesn't care as long as he goes to school, keeps up his grades and doesn't look like an addict on the outside. Harry doesn't even bother trying anymore. When she asked him what was he doing later and he replied that he had a date, she said 'Say hi to Charlotte for me.' as if Harry hadn't broken up with her half a year ago.

The date turns out perfect. Harry's mood is only improved by the fact that he doesn't have a hangover on a Saturday, which doesn't happen very often. Sebastian is extremely polite, a perfect gentleman. The conversation between them never gets dry or boring and Harry feels genuinely happy for the first time since July when he watched the sunrise in Capri. Sebastian's a gentleman even when he fucks Harry into his mattress later that afternoon, asks him if everything's okay as the bedframe hits the wall in a steady rhythm. At his third orgasm, Harry concludes that waiting a little over twelve hours to have sex with Sebastian was certainly worth it. Harry leaves Sebastian's apartment in the evening when it's still light outside, completely fucked out, love bites and bruises littering his body and a big grin on his face.

On Monday in his beloved chemistry class, Zayn greets him with a 'Hey, Harry. You look like you've been attacked by some animals. Squirrels or racoons?', obviously referring to Harry's love bites on his neck. Harry replies with 'It's not my fault no one wants to sleep with you. I'm sorry the hooker you called yesterday didn't arrive.' and Zayn retorts with 'Yeah, called for Mr. Trey's amazing kinky services but he was too busy preparing today's lesson.'. Harry almost chokes with laugher although he really didn't want to laugh at Zayn's joke. At the end of the lesson, they civilly part their ways, saying bye and even smiling at each other without any malice. Harry figures it's about time they buried the war hatchet and acted like regular classmates. It seems like Sebastian's positive attitude is a good influence on Harry and since he's most likely (definitely) Harry's boyfriend now, Harry doesn't feel like punishing Zayn for their past... relationship or whatever Peyton calls it, anymore.

September peacefully slinks into October as more and more leaves cover New York City and Halloween decorations start to pop up around the stores and houses. Harry and Sebastian keep going on dates, working it up to meeting almost every day. It's the first relationship Harry has that he's not dating someone he sees at school every day, and it took him some time to get used to not being able to make out in the school theatre during lunch break. But Sebastian always makes an amazing effort to see Harry truly every day. They get lunch after their classes end, sometimes even breakfast when they know they will be busy in the afternoon. And then, of course, there are actual dates in the evening that Harry can't get enough of. Usually, they just get dinner as any other couples do but sometimes they go see live music, poetry reading and even plays. It's like a fairy-tale.

Sebastian is obviously older and it certainly has its perks. From their date nights to sex, everything's different compared to Harry's previous relationships. They don't fight about stupid shit like what are they going for a date night – they compromise. Like adults do. The nature of their dates is more grown-up too. While Harry was used to parties and the occasional dinner, now it's a broad spectrum of things that are not only non-sexual foreplay for sex. Harry thinks dating Sebastian was the best thing that could've happened to him. Sebastian grounds him, keeps him tethered and level. It's only thanks to him that Harry can continue in his attempt to stop doing drugs. Sebastian doesn't do any and when they go to a party together, Harry's not the only one saying no to a friend with a small baggie of cocaine. It's a good thing. It's actually the best thing. They spend parties mostly snuggled in a dark corner, making out before they leave the party and hole up at Sebastian's apartment.