1

O N E M O N T H L A T E R-

My eyes opened as I hear our bedroom door open. The sunlight beaming in through the blinds, illuminated the room. All I could see was a little blonde- haired girl walking in, dressed in her pink footie-pyjamas.

Angel walked in quietly like she did every morning. I smiled as she slowly climbed into bed beside me. She came in every morning and would snuggled up to me for a bit before rolling over and laying with Shawn. It was something that happened every morning.

I noticed a difference between the boys and Angel. When the boys were her age they would come in to our room and wake us up by jumping on us, making loud noises and annoying us until we got out of bed.

But Angel was soft and sweet, she would creep in every morning and cuddle with us until we all went downstairs for breakfast.

There was a huge difference and having a little girl in the house was something new for everyone. She was very easy compared to the boys who were very mischievous and because the boys were so close in age, they caused more trouble. But she has no siblings close to her age so she behaves herself.

Shawn obviously showed his favouritism between all the kids. He used to favour Adam the most and then Angel came along taking that spot.

Shawn melted at anything Angel would say. He would do what she wants, he would spoil her and give her everything. He would make sure not even a single hair on her head was hurt. Shawn would spoil her and pamper her like the princess she is. It was extremely adorable to see the way Shawn is with Angel compared to the boys.

"Good morning mommy" she whispers as she hugged me.

"Good morning baby" I whispered as I kissed the top of her head.

She laid beside me for a while as she played with my hair and then traced over the flower patterns on my pyjamas. Then she rolled over me and into the middle, and then rolled over again on to Shawn.

Her little body laid on top of Shawn's, with her head on his chest. I smiled with pure admiration in my eyes witnessing something so sweet.

Shawn held her carefully and made sure it wasn't too tightly. It was like he was afraid she would break since being so small.

Angel was the tiniest four-year old I had ever seen. Shawn said that she was going to be exactly like me; small. The boys were taller than me and almost as tall as Shawn now.

Shawn and I were both old now being around our late thirties and Shawn in his early forty's. I felt so gross say I was in my late thirties. However, Shawn and I didn't change that much. Our faces had matured slightly and Shawn was getting a few grey hairs too. He had a bit of a chub on his stomach matching mine, but still had his muscle packed arms.

He was still good looking for a forty-two year old. To me he was the most handsomest man ever.

I fell in love with him more and more every day, no matter how much grey hair he got, he was my everything.

"Daddy wake up now" Angel says patting Shawn's shoulder and he hums quietly.

"Can I get a kiss?" He asks as she nods kissing both his cheeks before hugging him.

My heart melted seeing their loving father-daughter relationship.

"Let's go have some breakfast now" I say and they nodded as we all lazed ourselves out of bed.

All of us got up brushing our teeth with Angel showing her little teeth off to Shawn, like she did every morning.

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Shawn setting Angel down on the counter before hugging me and placing a kiss on my lips. "How are you feeling?" He asks and I sighed.

The last month has been extremely hard for me. I still had no closure from the loss of Jace, my heart ached every day and night for him. It was hitting me so hard especially when I see his pictures around the house.

I couldn't sleep that well, I was barely eating, i was slowly losing my mind from all this.

I was broken physically, emotionally and mentally.

It was exhausting but slowly I was getting there. Shawn and the kids tried their very best to make me happy which they did but deep down I was still hurting.

And I was hurting very badly on the inside.

"I'm getting there" I sighed and he rubbed my back before he kissed me again.

"You've got this" he says and I smiled.

"S'excuse me, I'm hungry mommy" we hear Angel say making us chuckle before I started making pancakes for everyone.

Zack made his way downstairs and took his seat at the counter. Angel would sit and talk to the boys while I made breakfast.

Angel really changed things when she was born. The boys weren't happy having a sister at first but she stole everyone's hearts and was the favourite in the house. Even though they pick on her and mess around with her being the annoying siblings they are, deep down they loved their little sister a lot.

I placed plates of pancakes down for everyone and Shawn's cup of coffee. Angel happily sat and ate her chocolate pancakes and cut up blueberries.

I sat beside Shawn eating a little bit but my appetite had decreased so I couldn't eat much.

"Zacky you need to eat your blueberries" Angel says pointing to the blueberries he didn't eat.

"I don't like blueberries" he says.

"They're good for you, eat them" she demands.

"No I don't like them" he says as he shook his head.

"Daddy! Zacky isn't eating his blueberries, tell him to" she huffs.

"Zack eat your blueberries, Angel is right they're good for you" Shawn says.

"Dad!" Zack exclaims.

"Zack" Shawn warns narrowing his eyes at Zack who groaned and shoved a blueberry in his mouth. Angel carefully watched Zack eat a few before a smirk grew on her lips and she ate the rest of her breakfast proudly.

Adam walked in with a loud yawn and sleep eyes before swinging his arm around me. "Good morning mother" he says and I chuckled as I patted his arm.

"Mom have I told you how much I love you" Adam says and I raised my eyebrow up at him.

"What do you want?" Shawn asks.

"Nothing- can I not tell mom how much I love her" he defends.

"No you cannot, now tell her what you want" Shawn says.

"Fine, mom can I go out today-"

"Absolutely not" I say dismissing him before placing his plate of breakfast before him.

"That's not fair mom-"

"I said no, you're not going out. And don't even think about asking your father to change my mind, it's not happening" I say as I shook my head.

I was so afraid letting the boys out of the house. I had a terrible fear that they wouldn't make it back home. It was a terrible and paranoid feeling I had within me but it's just so hard.

Shawn looked at me to speak but I shook my head at him which made him look back down.

"Daddy can I paint your nails?" Angel asks.

"What colour this time?" He asks.

"Red!" She exclaimed happily.

She was definitely a daddy's girl and Shawn also knew how much his little girl effect him...