28

"Come on hold my hand" I say to Angel who was running around.

"Are we going to see daddy?" She asks and I nodded.

Zack and Adam both followed behind me while I was trying to keep Angel in one place. She was so excited and happy which had me relieved because she had been upset the last few days with everything that was happening.

"We have to be quiet" I say and she nods putting her finger on her lips.

I opened Shawn's hospital room door and he looked over at all of us with a fragile smile. Angel's eyes widened as she looked at Shawn and then looked up at me.

"Daddy!" She yelled running over to his bed making me walk quickly behind. I helped her up and carefully on to the bed making sure she didn't hurt him anywhere.

She wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and cried. "Shh it's okay baby" Shawn quietly hushed her.

"I was- scared da-daddy" she quietly sobs and he kissed the side of her face.

"I know but you were so brave" he attempts to calm her down and finally she relaxes.

Zack and Adam also stepped forward to say their 'hellos'.

"Mom and dad. I'm really sorry, I am really am terribly sorry. And I'm sorry Angel, I regret everything I done. I should have listened to you both and done what I did" Adam apologises with so much regret filled with in him.

"It's okay just don't do that next time and please listen to us" I say and he nods before attempting hug us all at the same time.

"Anyway daddy- it's my birthday and I want a puppy" Angel announces.

"Not this again" Shawn groans almost back at the memory when I pestered him for Coco. Who sadly passed a few years back.

"Please daddy, please" she pleads him sweetly making the rest of us laugh.

"Angel, baby you're scared of dogs" Shawn says and her eyes widened as she had an offended look on her face.

"No I am not" she defended.

"Yes you are" he says and she shook her head.

"Angel your are scared of dogs, remember the one that chased you in the park" Zack adds and she huffs.

"That was a big one. I want a little small one please" she says and Shawn sighs.

"But who's going to look after it properly. Like bathe it and clean it's poop?" Shawn asks.

"Adam will" she says and Shawn chuckles.

"Absolutely not" Adam says as he quickly shook his head disagreeing.

"It's going to be your dog not Adam's, I know you won't be able to clean it's poop" Shawn says and she sighs.

"Because poop is gross" she huffs and everyone chuckles.

"I will think about it" Shawn says and she nodded.

After they all spent sometime with Shawn, Adam took Zack and Angel home with him as it was getting late.

I sat on the edge of the bed and cooled the vegetable soup down which Shawn had to have. It looked like horrible mush hospital food but he still had to eat it.

"So are we going to talk about it" He asks quietly and I nodded.

"I forgive you Shawn. I know you made a horrible mistake but I do forgive you" I say as I fed him a spoon of the warm soup.

"But why? Why don't you stay mad at me longer? I don't deserve this" he says.

"I'm not going to lie because you did really hurt me. So much in fact I thought my life was over but that didn't mean our love died. I admit I was really hurt but at the same time when I thought you were going to probably die it made me realise, that yes I was mad but I did forgive you too"

"We all make mistakes Shawn, we all do. No ones perfect and sometimes regret can open your eyes and now you've learnt your lesson. You just need a second chance to prove you've learnt your lesson, and I'm willing to give it to you" I say.

"I actually can't even tell you how sorry I am Elle, every time I see you I just feel like smacking my head against the wall. I just can't believe I ever hurt your sweet heart. I'm so sorry, I love you so much. And I'm so thankful you're giving me a second that I don't deserve" he says as a tear dropped from his eye and I wiped the tear.

"And we've been together for eighteen years come on, we've been through everything. And this probably has been the toughest fight in our relationship, but we need to pull ourselves together" I say and he nodded.

"We've had four kids, which I'm surprised because we couldn't even handle one. But we made it, through. We can get through this" I say and he smiled.

"I'm going to be a new man. I'm going to show you the person I can be, I promise I won't ever let you cry again and I'm not ever going to let you go either" he says.

"I just want to hug you and never let you go" he says and I giggled.

"Don't move now though because all your wires will fall out" I say and he chuckles.

"Once I'm recovered, I'm going to squeeze the fucking life out of you" he says and I laughed.

"I love you so much Elle, please give me a kiss" he says and I grinned.

"I love you" I say before I carefully leaned over and pressed my lips to his.

And for the first time in a while once my lips pressed on to his, an electric feeling ran through me and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. It was the same feeling I had from the first time we kissed and it felt like everything just suddenly came back to me.

We broke away and Shawn had the brightest smile on his face making me smile too. I held his hand and he squeezed it lightly.

A second chance was best for all of us...
*
*
*
A/N: tell me one good thing from your day today ;)