Boundless Pool of Energy

Some people enjoy life by taking it slow, and getting close to the little things. Nora went through life in Maximum Overdrive, and spent her time around big things, preferably ones she can smash under her hammer.

But one is forced to take things slow when dating Lie Ren; he is the epitome of chill. Nora knows that his calm hides a storm, but even when storming, he's always so calm! Nora wants excitement; she wants to see the look in his eyes when he gets into a fierce fight.

So that is why she is currently firing grenades into a cave, said to be filled with Nevermore. Don't try to question her logic; it's like dividing by zero. You'll only cause a paradox somewhere.

"Come on out, birdie! I only want to clip your wings!" Again, don't try to understand her, Ren's known her for years and still doesn't get the girl.

A loud screech fills the air as two giant ravens fly from the cave and directly towards Nora. "Finally…"

'Today was a good day…' Ren thought, as he waked throughout the courtyards of Beacon. 'I got to sleep in, and when I woke up, Jaune was happily chatting with team RWBY in the cafeteria. Nora said that she had some work to do for an assignment, so I haven't seen her since this morning. Pyrrha and Velvet are also toning down their advances on Jaune, so everything just seems so peaceful now.'

As Ren paced the grounds of Beacon, his thoughts were interrupted by a soft beeping sound coming from his pocket. He pulled out his Scroll and found one new message. 'Oh, it's from Nora, I was wondering where she was.'

He nearly dropped the device when he read the message she sent for him. He was sprinting for Beacon Cliffs in no time. While he ran, he decided to check the message one more time, just to make sure. 'How did she even…?' "Damnit Nora!" He screamed as he ran for the propulsion devices left for initiation.

"Only you could think that going into the forest alone is a good idea!" When he reached the same place he stood for initiation all those months ago, Ren jumped onto the first pad that he saw, and was launched into the forest immediately.

He needed to help Nora.

"Hmm, what's taking him so long? I'm a damsel in distress here!" Nora was getting bored, it had been a full thirty seconds since she sent that message. THIRTY SECONDS.

Gone, wasted, never again will she see that time of her life. As she looked around the tree that she was hiding in, she could see two Nevermore circling the area above her, some King Taijitu coming her way as well. She took Magnhild off her back.

'Well, I guess that distress might be overdoing it a bit…' Laughing, she fired a few pop shots in the direction of the snakes, blowing the head off one, and burning the other. As she did so, she could hear a small flinging sound off in the distance; she could swear that she heard the aggravated sigh that would follow suit.

'Took him long enough…' Nora smiled, knowing that her knight in baggy green clothes was coming to 'rescue' her, she couldn't wait.

'I knew it.' Ren thought as he glided through the air. 'She set this up; she purposely annoyed a group of Grimm, so that I would come here.' Despite the wind rushing in his ears, Ren could here explosions and laughter off in the distance, a sure sign that Nora was around.

Or an insane pyromaniac, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes.

Retrieving Stormflower from his sleeves, Ren utilized the same landing strategy he used the first time he came here. Spinning around the trunk of a large tree, Ren landed gracefully and took off in a sprint.

'I don't know why she's doing this, but it better be worth it.'

It took him a mere two minutes to make it to her; Ren trains hard using his aura, and knows how to activate it to his advantage. In this case, pooling all of it into his legs to increase his speed. It was a skill that Nora never looked over during an encounter, just imagine what havoc would ensue if she could increase her speed like that…