Speechless Speeches

'Three days… three days… three days…' Jaune thought continuously, as he hobbled throughout the halls of Beacon. 'Three more days to make a decision and I still have no damn clue…' Jaune turned a corner and continued to think.

'Maybe I could just say no to both of them? No, they said to think of what I want, not them. What if I went out with the both of them? That's what I want a lot.'

He rounded another corner, coming to where he first started walking for the third time, he didn't stop. 'No, that couldn't work either, there's no way I can get some sort of harem going. No matter how much fun it would be.' He continued to circle the corridors.

'What am I going to do?'

"What am I going to do!?" Pyrrha screamed as she walked away from the training grounds, her mind raging with thoughts. "There's only three more days left, Jaune will make a decision soon!"

After intense training and meditation to clear her mind of clouds, Pyrrha managed to immediately cloud it up again once she left.

"Is he going to pick me or Velvet? Who does he like more? How can I get him to like me and… no. I shouldn't be thinking like that…"

She began to quicken her pace and return to the main dormitories. "It's his choice to make. We said so ourselves. The only thing that I can do is wait and see."

She continued through the halls and eventually made it back to her dorm, obviously managing to miss the forlorn blonde wandering the halls on her way.

"But three days is such a long time, what am I going to do?!"

"I know what I'm going to do!" Velvet all but screamed as she began running out of her dorm, the blonde goofball as her destination.

'I'll just talk to him, that's all that I need to do. Just say: Hi Jaune, listen we need to talk… And other things of that persuasion…' Velvet soon slowed her sprinting to a trot until she stopped entirely.

'I have no idea what I'm going to say to him. Damnit Velv! You need to think these things through.' Velvet cursed herself as she started to walk throughout the halls of Beacon attempting to come up with some sort of speech that would help her win Jaune.

As she walked she noticed that it wasn't going too well.

"Hey Jaune. How do you feel about Pyrrha and I…? No that wouldn't work. Good morning Jaune, how are you today? Ugh, probably worse than I am. Say Jaune, remember when Yang mentioned that harem…? Nope, definitely not."

Velvet continued to brainstorm as she wandered the halls and eventually heard someone muttering to themself. "Three days… three days… three days…"

Her ears perked up at this. "Jaune?!"

Abruptly turning around, Velvet saw the tired visage of Jaune Arc. He was wobbling through the hallway and hadn't seemed to even notice Velvet yet.

"Uhh, Jaune?" Velvet asked as she began waving her hand in front of Jaune's face with no reply. "Jaune, you're scaring me." By this point Jaune had managed to hobble past her and turned the next corner. As he did so, Velvet could hear him muttering under his breath.

"Three days… three days… three days…" Velvet had had enough.

"Jaune Arc!" She called out in her booming voice that managed to carry on forever, reverberating off the walls. Jaune bolted upright from the pain in his ears.

"Gah! Was that really necessary Velvet?" He asked, having regained control over his mind once more. He then noticed the angry glare that Velvet was giving him. "Uhh Velvet? Are you okay?"

"Jaune, there are three more days left until you make your decision. How much closer are you to choosing?" When he couldn't match her gaze, Velvet knew the answer.

"Jaune, I like you, I'd even go so far as to say I'm in love with you. But I need to know that you love me back." Jaune's heart practically broke.

"Velvet, I love you too, but I'm not sure if I'm in love with you. Listen, you and I both know that there will be heartbreak three days from now. Neither of us knows who will feel it." He paused and thought for a moment.

"But if I choose Pyrrha, I need to know that you'll still be friends with me. I need you to promise me that our relationship won't be broken because of this."

Velvet was on the verge of tears. "I'm not sure that I can promise that Jaune, I don't know if I can stand seeing you with another woman." She cast her eyes downward. "I just love you too much."

Jaune sighed. "Yeah, I understand, I guess it was just wishful thinking. Velvet, I may choose Pyrrha and if I do, I want you to know that I'll never, ever forget about you."

Jaune's heart shattered when he saw Velvet wipe a tear from her eye. "Jaune, you've been a good friend to me, one of the first I ever had. And I just want to say that if you do choose Pyrrha, I'll be glad knowing that you're happy. Even if it's with someone else."

Jaune had to wipe one of his own tears away. "Velvet, that's probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. Thank you." He walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her small frame.

"If we don't end up together, I hope that you can be happy with someone else."

"Three days huh?" The stoic man thought out loud as he took a sip from his mug. Hot chocolate of course. He then noticed his Scroll go off in his pocket. Opening up he saw Peter on the other line.

"Ozzy my good man, I do believe that it's time for you to pay up. It looks as if the boy has chosen the Faunus girl." Ozpin smiled, but managed to keep it hidden from the video phone.

"Not yet Pete, there are still three days left until Mr Arc chooses, I believe that he will decide on Miss Nikos. If not, I will pay you then."

Professor Port mumbled something under his breath before he nodded. "Fine, three days." Ozpin closed his Scroll, took a sip from his mug and looked out his window to the horizon.

"That boy has some serious problems ahead of him, I just hope he can confide in his friends to help him through it all."

Pyrrha had just finished her homework and lied down in bed for a small nap when the door suddenly opened. Jaune walked in to the room and Pyrrha immediately noticed that he had been crying.

"Jaune, what's the matter?" He looked at her and shook his head as he continued to lie down in his bed. "Everything is just so messed up."

Pyrrha walked over to him and sat down on the edge of his bed. "What happened?" He looked at her again. "It's not what happened, it's just what's been happening these past few weeks. It isn't fair you know."

It wasn't hard for Pyrrha to understand what he meant, she had been having the same thoughts recently too.

"I'm just going to get an early night." Jaune was eager to end the day, what Velvet had said sparked even more thoughts in his mind and he needed time to dwell on them.

Pyrrha reluctantly nodded, giving her leader the space he needed. "Alright then Jaune, talk to me if there's anything you need."

Jaune grunted in reply and pulled his blanket over him. He had a lot on his mind. 'Velvet… She cares about me that much huh? She really loves me that much? I can't believe it…'

Fatigue was beginning to take him. Jaune soon found himself drifting off to sleep. 'I think that… I'm in love with her too.'