The Cat in the Fire

As much as Blake hates to admit it, she enjoys a good scratch behind the ears.

She is a cat after all, and a cat will purr for an ear scratch. Yang learned that Blake will too, if you get it just right.

"Wow, Blake. It sounds like you're really enjoying this." Yang noted; her hands behind Blakes bow. "Be quiet, you're ruining this. If you're going to scratch them, at least be silent so I can really enjoy it."

Yangs only reply was a grin that reached all the way up to her ears, then an odd feeling struck her, she couldn't take it anymore.

Leaning in, very slowly, and very carefully, Yang parted her lips and closed the distance between Blake and herself.

*NOM*

"Nyaaaah!" Blake screamed as Yang softly bit down on her left ear, causing her to flinch violently. Yang laughed as she let go of her ear and blew some air on it for good measure.

Blake, now blushing and panting heavily looked towards Yang with a death glare. "Was that really necessary?" She only smiled wider. "Yep!" She yelled, popping the 'P'. Her smile turned predatory.

"You can't say that you didn't enjoy it." Blushing even more, Blake turned away, refusing to look Yang in the eye. 'I really wish she'd stop messing around like that.'

"Aww, come on Kitty, I was only playing with ya." Blakes blush deepened. 'I wish she'd stop using that ridiculous nickname even more.'

It had been a week since Pyrrha and Velvet took a noticeable step back from Jaune, and Blake was very grateful for it, Jaune needed the breathing room. She may not be in love with him anymore, but Blake was still allowed to worry about the goofball.

Yang had also taken a considerable amount of consideration into the Jaune problem, she realized that it would be best this way, she would've done a terrible job of making Ruby happy after being dumped by the guy Yang was going out with.

She was also glad she could mess with Blake again; it was always her favourite pass-time.

Yang couldn't help it; Blake just looked so cute when she was purring like that.

"Ooooh, right there, that's the spot." Blake really was enjoying herself.

A knock sounded against the door. "Hello? Is anyone in there?"

Jaune.

"Hold on a second!" Yang replied as she got to her feet. Walking towards the door, she opened it to reveal Jaune standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"What's up?" She asked. Jaune looked away, embarrassed. "Is Blake there? I need to talk to her." At the sound of her name, Blakes bow twitched.

She made her way to the door in no time. "What do you need?" Yang noticed that Blake was still fidgety around Jaune. 'Does she still like him? Wow.'

"I need your help with something, could you come with me?" Blake was confused, but agreed to go anyway.

As the two left, a thought struck Yang, it made her grin. 'Looks like Pyrrha won't win against Velvet; Jaunes clearly got a thing for Faunus.'

The two walked about Beacon for roughly ten minutes before Blake felt they were far enough away from anyone to not be caught talking. "Alright Jaune, what's this about?"

Jaune smiled slightly. "How has your team been? I've noticed that you and Yang have been spending more time together." Blake noticed that Jaune seemed genuinely interested, so she answered honestly.