Wrong

CHAPTER 20- Wrong

Demi's POV  

        My eyes opened blearily to the scene of my normal morning, an empty bed. Nick was gone yet again. I blinked rapidly as tears fell from my eyes. It felt as though I was losing him, to a beautiful, skinny supermodel than men everywhere pined over. Today is February fourth, our six month anniversary. We'd been dating for a short amount of time, yet I felt more in love with him than I ever had with Wilmer during our two year relationship. 

        I slowly walked down the stairs and make a cup of coffee after taking my prenatal vitamins that i'd hidden ironically underneath the sink behind my tampons. With a sigh I sat on the couch like I did every morning and gently rubbed my stomach. We hadn't talked about that night when I stayed in the bathroom, but it was a huge elephant in the room. We barely even spoke to each other except for one word syllables, or even kissed. Nick was gone now more than ever and I couldn't help the scenarios forming in my head that made me nauseous just thinking about it- although, that might just be the morning sickness. I hadn't realized I was crying until a small body climbed onto my lap, wiping my cheeks. 

"What's wrong momma?" Mac asked curiously. 

"Nothing baby, I'm fine." 

She frowned, "Then why are you always crying? Is dada being mean to you?" 

I raised en eyebrow, "Why would you think it was because of him?" 

She shrugged, "Whenever he's here you're smiling alot, but when he's gone you're not. And he's gone alot." 

I sighed, "I just miss him a lot, he's not being mean." 

Mac nodded and cuddled into my chest, "I don't like it when Dada's gone." 

Gently, I stroked her hair, "Me either." 

~*~

        When Nick got home that night he was obviously exhausted, dropping onto the couch with a groan as I barely  glanced at him from the armchair. 

"How was your day?" I asked robotically, not looking up in fear of crying again. 

"It was long, but her album is really coming along." 

I sighed, "That's great." 

He sat up, "Demi can we not do this tonight? I just want to relax, I'm completely drained." 

I rolled my eyes, "Why not? You're always exhausted and I'm always pissed. Tonight's better than any night." 

He sighed again, "Demi please? I don't want to fight with you, I just want to go to bed. Soon this will all be over and we can go back to normal." 

I could feel my anger rising, "Nick you do realize this is hurting our relationship, right? I'd never do this to you." 

He shook his head, "We're gonna be fine Dems, this isn't impacting us as much as you've deluded yourself into thinking it has."

At that, I'd reached my limit, standing up with disgust. "Really? Happy fucking anniversary to you too."

Nick's eyes bulged and I  turned on my heel, running to the spare bedroom and leaned against the door after I slammed it. A few seconds later, Nick knocked on it. 

"Demi... I'm so sorry baby, please let me in." 

With a roll of my eyes I walked over to the bed to curl up as he slowly opened the door. 

"Demi... I'm.. I don't.." 

I felt him touch my arm then the tears came, flowing down my face as I began to sob. Nick sighed and pulled me into his chest, rubbing my back lightly.