Chapter 24

Jennifer

2 months later

"Are you sure Kailon?" I asked my brother as I adjusted my yellow dress. Tonight I was going to The Boom Room, a downtown club that opened up recently.

"I'm positive Jenn. You need to loosen up. You're only 23."

I sighed. "I know. How do I look?"

He started to chuckle. "You look like a fuckin' laffy taffy."

"You play too much Kailon," I groaned.

"I was just playing sis." He said. The sound of a car horn alerted me. "I have to go Kailon. I already fixed five of Calvin's bottles and all you have to do is warm them on 45 seconds. Be good Kailon!"

I rushed out the house and into Lia's car. "Hey bitch. You look sexy."

I giggled."Thanks trick. I'm so ready to let loose."

"Of course girl. Baby had you on lockdown for two months boo."

I waited two months to start going back out because I didn't want to abandon my baby so fast. Destiny moved with Jace back to Florida with his parents. I couldn't stop my baby girl and let her be miserable. I miss her so much. "I heard bitch ass Cortez going to be there."

Just the sound of his name made me cringe. I hated him with a deep passion now. Ever since we broke up, he hasn't been to see Calvin. We live in the same city so there aren't any excuses. I laid my head back and enjoyed the cool night wind blowing in my face. The car suddenly came to a stop and Lia looked at me. "You ready to turn up?" He asked with an excited grin.

"Of course," I said sarcastically. Lia glared at me and rolled his eyes. "You're such a party pooper. Don't come by me in the club unless you popping that coochie for a real nigga." He got out of the car and walked up to the club with me close behind. Since there was no line, surprisingly, we went straight in. New Atlanta by Migos blasted throughout the club. Their music always got me hype to be honest.

"I'm going to the bar," I told Lia. He nodded and started to disappear in the crowd. I walked over to the bar and sat in the last available stool.

"What can I do for ya'?" The handsome bartender asked in a New Orleans accent while his smile grew wide. His perfect white teeth were shown and his dimples were displayed perfectly around the sides of his mouth.

"Um, surprise me," I said returning the smile.

"I believe I know what ya' like. Somethin' fruity, not too strong, you're a cup kinda girl."

"The first two are right but I like tall, clear, clean glasses."

He chuckled. His laugh was beautiful. "Are you still talkin' 'bout glasses?"

"Yes, I am. Are you going to get my drink sir?"

"Of course baybeh."

He walked away to the other end of the bar.

"Goddamn he's fine," I heard Lia say from behind me.

I whirled around to see her standing there. "Where the hell you come from?"

"Checking up on you. I see you already meeting niggas. Yass boo," he said. I started laughing at his silliness.

"Shoo Lia before you ruin my chances."

He held his hands up in surrender and then walked away. I turned back around to see the sexy beast walking back. "Your drink." He said placing it down.

I took a sip and the fruity fluid pleased my taste buds.

"This is very good. What you put in here?" I asked while taking another sip.

"I should neva' tell."

"Please," I pleaded. I would love to make this drink myself.

"No ma'am," he said while smiling.

I groaned while taking yet another sip.

"I get off in a hour. Would ya' like to dance with me?"

"Hmm, I don't know. You didn't even tell me your name," I teased while biting my bottom lip.

"You tell me ya' name first baybeh."

"Jennifer Harden, nice to meet you."

He smiled, "sexy name for a sexy woman. Nice to meet ya' too mama."

"Stop stalling and tell me your name."

He chuckled and looked at me. "August. August Alsina."

[]

Cortez

"You d-don't need to leave me," I told Nicki.

"Well you need to come on then!" She yelled while applying her makeup. "I'm already late because of your ass."

"You k-know the side effects of this shit."

"Whatever Cortez. When you can actually move, clean up around here or some." I watched as she stood up from her vanity and walked out the bedroom. The only thing I could do right now was to move my eyes. My whole body was numb but I loved the effect afterwards.

It's crazy how I let Nicki talk to me like a child, but she was my only chance to feel numb. It was like she was my master and I was the slave, enjoying every morsel of happiness she gives me. My happiness wasn't even love anymore, it was the white capsules she provided to me every week. I don't know what it's called and I really don't care. As long as it's doing its job, I'm happy with it.

After sitting there for an hour, the numbness feeling wore off and my body started to feel electrifying. My tensed bones started to feel looser, my headache disappeared, and a rush of 'I Don't Give A Fuck' came upon my body.

I looked at the picture me and Nicki took that hung on the wall. "I don't give a fuck!"

I took out my ringing phone and looked to see an unknown number. "I don't give a fuck!" I forwarded the call and looked at the home screen seeing a picture of me and Jennifer. We looked so happy and carefree.

"I don't give a.." I couldn't say it. I missed her so much and I still think about her 'til this day. I feel like a failure because I haven't seen my first and only child in months.

"Shit man," I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my throbbing head.

I grabbed my coat off the chair and my keys. I was going to go see Calvin and Jennifer and nothing can stop me.

Vote & Comment

& Jennifer in the m/m in her outfit.