#10

Chapter 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams* I can't believe it!

My heart was racing, I just slapped a boy, and not just any boy, the son of a captain. Joseph omo Ituah one of the bad and notorious child in the school and also one of the boys girls were dying for.

As my palm left his smooth skin, it seemed like everyone kept quiet, the decorum deafening me. I felt pairs of eyes, turn to us, waiting for his reaction.

I also was waiting, watching. His brown eyes met mine and I saw anger flash in them. My ribcage slamming against each other as I kept a hard front. I wasn't going to let him see that I was scared.

It surprised me how all my anger dissolved as my hand left his cheek. I felt a presence behind me and a smile almost reached my face when I realized that my friends were behind me.

Maybe they could help, save me from the mini devil standing in front of me.

He scoffed,smiling and turned away from me, waiting for a few more seconds before he shook his head and turned back to me. I waited, maybe this was the time his slap would make me see stars just like it made Nifemi.

He nodded and touched his cheek as I just stood there not knowing what to do. Or maybe I did, but my mind was not thinking straight now at all.

"You feel like you've done something abi?" He shoved his hand into his pockets, looking so calm and collected like he always was.

The guy was always calm, and cool headed though, he had a bad temper. But this was not the time for him to be calm.
I just slapped him hard and I could clearly remember that he slapped war queen 2 (Nifemi) all because she insulted him.

I exhaled and shrugged, "No, I just did what a bastardised civilian would do." His laugh was low, and his shoulders shook when he laughed, perfectly showing his pearly whites.

I crossed my arms, my racing heart slowing down when I realized I wouldn't be crying like Nifemi any moment from now. He looked too relaxed for his own age.

Glancing over my head to look at my cousin whose fists were clenched as if daring him to touch me, he laughed the more and walked up to her. "Why are you frowning ehn? Do you want to get wrinkles?"

Giving him one of her 'hmm-this-boy-i-don't-trust-you look, she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the class as he just stood and watched us.  He winked at me before my cousin shoved me onto the wooden bench and I almost threw up the rice I ate.

Confusion clouded my small mind as what happened few seconds again replayed back into my head, he calls me a bastardised civilian, I slap him, he just brushes it off and winkes and then he leaves giving me a good back view.

I jolted out of my thoughts as Toto snapped her fingers in front of my face, "stop thinking about the boy ah he has gone and besides you know the way to his class."

Hissing, my brain seemed to connect sharply as I heard the word 'class' and I bolted out the door and down the corridor to my class as fast as I could. Glancing at my watch as I reached the faded dark blue metal door of my class, I sighed.

I wasn't the one to miss class, or come late for any class, as I said, I was the replacement child. I was meant to perform very well and make my parents proud and my mum finally prove to my sister that being a lawyer was better than what she called an everyday engineer.

I couldn't blame her because, when engineering was discussed, a lot of people, even me had the mentality of a guy in a very worn out and dirty overall that was stained with oil and other stuffs and where we could find him was under cars.