Chapter 9

When I'm falling, i had nothing to think but open my hands.

I want to block my falling my force with  my spells. However, I'm terrified. I might die jumping in this height.

The moment i hit the ground, i seem to hit the ground, but my upper body was saved by my water explosion. By my great fear of death, i harshly closed my eyes and prayed miracles to happen.

I can barely stand up after i fell, Miguel rushed into me and immediately grabbed my hand and started running.

"can you walk?" He rushed.

"I dont think i can run.." I sighed. At that second he grabbed my waist and legs, sprinting back to Krieger City.

When we entered the Tranquil Forest i hear fireballs hitting the ground constantly. The grass is burning so hard. The smoke made me unable to breath.

"God, he never gives up.." Miguel ran into a tallgrass area, pulled off my robe and hat, and gave me his helmet. He took out a red fabric, looking like an old mage helmet, and continued running.

"Where did they go.." Brian went into a dead end, saying with anger.

"Fucking assholes!" He shouted.

I can hear his shout far ahead. I started to figure out where Miguel is going.

"Where are you going?"

"To my old village. you get spotted in city easily."

"Wait, you dont have to-"

"That guy will probably kill you if he ever finds you. He wont get into these kind of half deserted place too quickly."

And later i see an old village filled with houses built by loose wood and hay.

I landed there, i see nobody there.

Miguel went to the largest wooden house in the village and unlocked his door. Inside the house, it was filled with warmth. The only brick-made fireplace lits with fire.

"I thought you were living in the city, werent you?" I walked in and asked.

"Sit down first," He gave me a chair and went to the shelves, continued,"Sometimes i want to stay away from noisy places, so i came back here. There arent many young people here so its safe."

I put off the helmet and carefully placed it on the table behind me. I looked down and checks my wounds. My legs can move, but its quite painful in the calf.

"Try to stay still," He said and kneeled down started to clean my wounds with some potion. I start to think, why is he always here, meanwhile i contributed nothing to him.

"Hmm, Miguel? You're home?" a middle-aged woman walked down and looked at me smiling. "Oh hello, Your young majesty. What happened? you look hurt."

Miguel finished bandaging my wounds, stood up and answered, "Probably a traitor or something chased her. So i brought her here."

"I'm glad you can bandage people even when you grow up, Ill handle the rest. You can go upstairs first." The women giggled and sat on a chair next to mine.

I looked at her appearance. A curly Brown hair with Cerulean eyes, with a ruby pendant. from her accessories, i can tell that she is a mage.

"Sure, mother, Ill take rest now. Good night, mom." Miguel looked at us. "...And your majesty." He snickered on how cringe it is to call me like that now, and walked upstairs.

"Your young majesty, I'm sure you've met Miguel a few times." The woman explained, "My name is Cerulea Minato.  A retired Aquamancer."

"N-Nice to meet you, Mis Cerulea." I became nervous when it comes to a serious themed conversations. "Please address me as Sharon."