The Kiss.

None of this is real. This is college and Rhett never met Jesse.

Rating: PG-13

Warning: Touching.

"Y/N, Will you go with me to the party tonight..?" Rhett asked me, and I looked from Rhett, to Link, who was watching like a kid looking in a window at a candy store.

"I..I.. Rhett.." I stuttered. I could tell my face was red. "We can just go as friends, If you'd like, Though I understand if you don't wanna go at all.."

How could I not want to go with him? He was the star basketball player, one of the sweetest boys in the college, well, basically the only one besides Link, and his aqua-grey eyes and gentle smile just drew me in more.

I nodded and smiled. "I'd love to go to the dance with you, Rhett." I told him. I looked behind and saw Link nearly jump for joy. I laughed a bit, and was suddenly lifted off the ground, arms around my waist, and I looked to Rhett and wrapped my arms around his neck gently, and held onto him. "Thanks, Y/N.." He said softly, burying his face in the side of my neck. I inhaled sharply as his lips gently brushed my neck. "I'll pick you up around 6:30." He told me, setting me down gently, and smiling. I nodded, and we both parted our ways into our own rooms.

I layed down on my bed and sighed happily. Rhett was asking me to go to the dance with him. Though, Really only as friends, but still!

I got up and went to my small closet, and sorted through my clothes. I never went to many parties, so I didn't have many party worthy clothes. Except, For one dress I never wore. I was never the dressy type person..

I pulled out a short red laced party dress, with a black belt and bow, and hung it on the door knob as I went to shower and get myself ready.

I had an hour and a half.

I turned on the shower, and got in, even if it was barely warming up. I washed my hair, every crevice of my body, and shaved. Rinsing off, I turned off the shower and nearly jumped out, grabbing my towel and drying off.

Wrapping my body and hair in a towel, I stepped out of my small bathroom and dropped the body towel, and pulled on the dress.

I dried off my hair more and took out my curling iron, curled my hair and put it up in a ponytail, so it looked like a nice curled ponytail.

I went into my bathroom and stood before my mirror, and applied a bit of makeup, not a ton, just natural eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss. I didn't wanna look like a total whore.

I glanced at the clock, 6:15 already? Good timing, for me atleast.

I glanced down at my bare feet. I didn't have much of a shoe selection.. A pair of flip flops or my black hightop converse would be the best options.

I shrugged and pulled on a pair of socks, and my converse. Rhett should be here any minute.

I added a few last minute touches, a necklace and a small pair of earrings. I grabbed my lipgloss, and put it in my shoe so I could grab it incase.

As I was making sure I was ok, I heard a knock. "Coming." I said, walking to the door, still worrying if I looked ok. Opening the door, I saw Rhett, who wasn't too dressed either. A nice pair of jeans, dress shoes, a black undershirt and a gray plaid over shirt. "Whoa.. You look amazing.." He said, looking me up and down. I smiled, "Thanks, You look handsome yourself." I told him, and his face became a bit red. "Link is getting Christy, I told him to meet us by my truck." Rhett said, hooking our arms together and leading me down the hall, to the parking lot and to his truck.