This Is Gonna Hurt Bub

1 2 3 4! The meter maid checks the parking meter, only to find it full of dust, walking the dog with no leash, dragging the cat, I may be an idiot, but I know some smart stuff, just like tit for tat, potatoes fall from the sky, why do we lie, lie, lie? x2 Because we buy into the divide of the divine, heaven has too many fallen angels, Thanos gets his prostate exam from Wolverine! Oh, we've all got a vice, mine is coffee, what's yours? We all drink from the source, why aren't we all-powerful? Oh, we're just monkeys in a barrel, some of us are sterile, some of us are very virile, hell, we can't decide on our side of the fence, oh the grass is emeralds on the other side of that white picket fence, some things make no sense to us, the Amityville house is full of scares, we get all the stares, as we climb the stairs to higher destinations, oh our motivation is shot thanks to our hesitations, 9/11 is a patriot's nightmare, so we pick up our guns for the cause, but it's all at a loss for words, writers can't find their voice because of the smoke in the air, what are we searching for, peace, love? Where are the lies coming from? The monsters under our bed, just can't get out of our heads, so, let them out x2 Columbine, Sandy Hook, Mccallum, where did our decency go? Where did the honesty and justice go? Oh we've got the answers, we're just scared to find them, so pick up the books, pick up your pencils, and write what you love, write out your feelings, speak to the younger generation who never had a voice, who didn't have a choice to pick up a book.