Three

Jumua't Mubarak ✨✨
...................................................

She wanted to go back to sleep but Mama's words were replaying in her head. Yes, she misses her Baba also but she's never heard Mama say it that way.

She could remember when she was seventeen, her uncles came home to meet Mama, even though she was sent out of the living room, she could hear them shouting. She became so curious, she had to eavesdrop.

Uncle Mustapha being the biggest of them all told Mama he does not want any excuse from her, she is getting married whether she likes it or not but Mama stood her ground. Just like that, they parted ways.

Six good years, after that day, her uncles never for any reason called or visited. Mama is the strongest person she's ever came across. Baba's siblings also hated her, they believe she's made him turn his back on them.

Her phone suddenly rang and she rose up to answer it. It was an unfamiliar number so she ignored it and turned off the lights of the room. The same number called back so she silenced it and went to bed.

                                         *
"Mama wait for me, why are you in a hurry?" She asked grabbing Mama's hand but Mama took her hand out of Ameena's. "You can't come with me, I'll stay long, just take care of yourself" Mama said and kissed her forehead

"Well at least tell me where you're going" Ameena came again, Mama didn't respond to her so she followed her. "Mama you know i hate these pranks of yours, please stop it"  Ameena begged.

                                         *
"Meeeeeenah" She heard and abruptly woke up. It was Naiimah. "You still don't realize i hate it when you wake me this way huh?" Ameena hissed. "Ameena, its Mama, she had an accident, we've been calling your phone"Naiimah said slowly.

All this while, Ameena became dazed. She wasn't sure of what she was hearing, they just finished talking with Mama, she can't be injured. "She's been calling your name, She wanted to speak to you badly" This time around, Naiimah let the imprisoned tears roll freely down her cheeks.

"What do you mean? An hour ago we were talking and she just left, you cant come and tell me stories" Ameena said but the moment she looked up at Naiimah and saw the tears in her eyes, she searched for her phone and dialed Mama's contact.

She smiled the moment it started ringing. "Salamu Alaikum Ameena" She knew the person behind the phone was not Mama, it was Nabil, Naiimah's brother yet she still didn't believe Naiimah.

"Nabil give the phone to Mama, I wanna talk to her" She said, her heart filled with hope that she's gonna hear her Mama's voice any second.
"It's okay Ameena, i know this must be very hard for you but you have to accept this in good faith"

"You're making me freak out, give the phone to Mama" Ameena said briskly. Nabil sigh
"You should come bid her goodbye" This particular sentence freaked her out.
"What the hell are you trynna say? give the damn phone to Mama"She yelled.

The bedroom door swung open and an angry Uncle Mustapha walked in. "Are you going to come bid her goodbye or we should proceed with the preparations" He said and Ameena turned to him. "Goodbye, what goodbye are you talking about?"

"She is dead,whether you like it or not" He yelled. His words stroke Ameena like a spear. He knew he was not supposed to be harsh on her but he can't help it. "C'mon Abbah, you're not supposed to talk to her this way,you're supposed to sympathize with her condition" Naiimah said, he took a last glance at them and walked out.

Naiimah turned to Ameena and held her closer. "Is what he just said true?" Ameena questioned in a low tone. Naiimah couldn't stop crying. "Lets go" Naiimah fought back the tears in her eyes and took Ameena's hand. She handed to her a Hijab and they walked down to the compound.

She's never going to see her Mama again, she's never going to hear her voice again, never. Not a single tear crossed her cheeks. Everything came to halt the moment Uncle Mustapha mentioned dead.

Her Mama's face was closed, she moved forward and fell in front if her. Truly, it was her Mama, she had a smile on.Later, Naiimah took her away.

Slowly, the house was getting filled up. Naiimah decided to take Ameena out of the crowd to their house, she cant even attend to the people around her, the shock still didn't leave her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, this was a sad chapter so I decided to make it short. Mama is gone. Who do Y'all think?
Please vote, comment and share.
Your vogue writer,
Munifa✨