Thirteen

"I can't do this"Ameena said frowning. "Everyone will be there" She added. "You leave me no choice" Safiyya said and walked out. How can she go seat with everyone and eat, including his Father? She dialed Saad contact and told him she couldn't make it home, performed ablution and prayed Isha.

The door cracked open after she said yes to a slight knock. It was Hameed, and now in a Juventus jersey, just five minutes ago he was wearing something else. What is going on with him? She thought.

He closed the door behind him. Folding his arms, he rested his back on the door. "Hard girl ayy? Its not gonna work. Now i want you to get ready for dinner" He spoke raising an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and turned away but in swift action, he got hold of her hand pinning her to the door.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" His voice came. They were very close, she couldn't look up at him, she finds him intimidating. "Look up at me" He came again. This time around, raising her chin with his index finger. She did.
The moment those eyes met his, his heart skipped a beat. His gaze lowered from the sparkly eyes down to the thin cherry lips which he found wildly kissable but he maintained himself.

"Why did you do that?" She could see how hard he was trying to maintain himself. "You're so bossy" It was the only thing she could say. He smiled "I've heard that before" He said again, not taking his eyes off her lips. "You're not gonna kiss me are you?" It just spilt out, she shouldn't have said it. Feeling nervous, she took her lower lip in, waiting for his answer.

He smiled. "Of course not but if you insis....." She didn't let him finish. "No" She quickly cut him. "Stop doing that, you have no idea what it's doing to me" He said and using his finger, he slid out the lip she took in. She smiled. He flirts so well.

"You wore two shirts in less than an hour" It's non of her business but the last one looked great on him, why did he have to change?
He smirked, a wide one. "Excuse me Miss, were you checking me out?" Her cheeks burned. "You check me out all the time, Its a good thing I returned the favor" She answered folding her arms too.

The door opened and Safiyya walked in. "Ohh sorry" She said about walking out. "No it's fine" Ameena answered. "Ummi said you two should go down for dinner" Safiyya said again. "We'll be right there" Hameed spoke so she went ahead.

"Now that you sent her out what do you want?" Trying hard to hide her laughter. "Dress up" He said sitting by the edge of the bed. "Excuse me" Her intonation made him digest the situation. "Ohhh then I'll be waiting just outside" He walked out.

*

"Jacob loves her alot but Edwards does more" Safiyya said pausing the Twilight movie. "Edward left her for almost 6 months, thats not love. I'm sure Jacob would never do that" Ameena answered. "He did it for her safety, he is always there for her" A knock filled the room and Safiyya said a yes.

It was a maid. " Sir Junior is asking for you ma'am at the garden" She said referring to Ameena. "Ohhh your Prince Charming awaits you" Safiyya smiled. "I'll walk her there myself" She said again sending the maid away.

"Come with me to the closet, you should change" She winked. "Don't be ridiculous, I'm not changing" But she still couldn't help but blush. "Maybe he just wants to talk to me, nothing much" Ameena added.

"I'm not saying you should change for something but at least, c'mon" Safiyya is always good in persuading her. They went ahead to the closet and Safiyya took out a beautiful blue black floral gown. "Don't say anything, you're wearing this" She said removing the price tag. Ameena sighed and went dressing.

She walked out of the dressing room with a straight face. "Saf I look like I'm going to a party" She blurted "Oh my god" You have no idea how you look and you're definitely not changing it" Saf said making her frown. "Give me a scarf will you?" She sat down on the edge if the bed while Saf went in the get a scarf, she began remaking her hair into a low bun.

"Ya Rabbi, Is that real???" Safiyya squealed sitting behind her. She instantly dialed a landline. "Get me my set of brushes, i left it in the living room when Ummi made my hair."
"There's no way you're making my hair" Ameena stood up "Ohhh C'mon, please!" And thats how she wasted a whole lot of time.

*
After sending her a text, he saw them walking down towards the garden. Safiyya turned back while she came further. "What took you so long?" He asked "She insisted on making my hair" Hesitating, she finally answered. The garden was just so beautiful and he, he wore a singlet again and the way he was looking at her, simply soothing."Ohh, by the way you look breath taking" He mentioned as she sat on the grass carpet.

"I saved you a chair" He was surprised. "I like it more down here" Why does she tend to have effects on him? Whatever she does amazes him. He shrugged and sat beside her. "I saw you couldn't eat during dinner" He said as maids walked in with different recipes. "I'm full, you shouldn't have done it" Now that she is closer to him, he finds her more beautiful. He couldn't help checking her out.

He slowly fed her till he was sure there was no space left. "We spoke with Baba, they are planning on going to Kano this week, for your hand in marriage" He said with a wide smile. It came to her as a surprise. She was not expecting this now.

I wish Maama was here to see this, to advise me, you have no idea how much Maama wantes to see her grandchildren. She wanted to see my marriage, she wanted to see who it's going to be. "Hey it's okay. She's in a better place Insha Allah" He said clearing the tear off her face.

"I cant believe how you just got into my life and suddenly everything is about you, Im ready to share my life with you Honey. I want you, everything about you is just so captivating. Please be mine" He got hold of her two hands in his. She was speechless. He noticed so he decided to change the topic.

"What's the use of her making your hair if you're not gonna show it to me?" He asked "I'm not doing that" She quickly answered. "What?"
"Show you my hair, you'll see it one day" She said answered again. She can't exactly tell what happened but suddenly she felt his hand removing her hair clip. It cascaded down her back glowing like she was on a hair cream advert. "Perhaps that day is today, Masha Allah" He heard him whisper as he ran his hand through it.

She took her lower lip in, what she always does when nervous. "What did i tell you about doing that?" This time around his hand was on her right cheek. She took both in. He wanted to pull her into his arms, sniff her hair and kiss those pulpy cherry lips but he maintained once again.

"You'll pay for this" His voice came again

*********************************************************************

There!!!!!!

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Gracias.

Your vogue writer,
Munifa✨