Twenty One.

She's called him times without number. He picks some and ignores most. She stopped calling, that is the hardest decision she's ever made. Saad is still at his office and surprised how Hameed has never spoken to him about it. Even though it affected their friendship, Hameed calls him to his office for official purposes and nothing else.

She took her handbag and went ahead. "You know for sure we're late" Anty Waleedah complained. "Sorry" Waleedah always drops her off at the office and went ahead. Her office was even cleaner than she left it. She ensures everything is in the drawer before she leaves.

She walked in, dropped her handbags on her desk and proceeded to Mr

She walked in, dropped her handbags on her desk and proceeded to Mr. A.Kareem's "Good morning Sir" She greeted. "Morning Sleepyhead" He answered with a smile. "I'm sorry, I'll adjust Insha Allah" She answered. "Sir, The person that came yesterday called me personally and asked me to tell you, he wants the headline of tomorrow's paper, not next Monday's" She spoke

"First, that's not going to happen. Second, how many times did i tell you to stop calling me that" He said. "I just thought it would be more offic.........." She didn't finish speaking when Mrs. Kareem's voice came. "Abu Zayyn!" She came. "Oh, did I interrupt anything?" She turned to Ameena.

"Not at all Mrs. Sir, what should i tell him?" Ameena turned to Mr. Kareem. "I'll contact him myself" He answered. With that, she left the office back to her's, sat down and took her phone, dying to call him, but I've promised not to call again. She thought.

Oh Hameed why aren't you a listener!

                                        *
After work, she left with an uber, stopping at the mall to get some things. For her, she prefers shopping at night,but after work, totally not her choice. She rolled her trolley out to the next section catching a glimpse of someone walking away, Hameed or maybe not. What would he be doing here? but he walked back.

His eyes were not decieving him. It was Meena.
Their eyes met. She wanted to run to him, to hug him tight and tell him how much she missed him and from the looks in his eyes, she knew he wanted that too. "Hameed" She heard Ummi's voice. "Hold on Ummi, I'll be right there" He said and walked away.

"He walked out on me Saymah, Hameed walked out on me!" She semi yelled. She does not want to join that 'cry over a guy team' but right now, she needs to leak a little. "Cry your heart out baby, you'll feel better." Meena held the phone tighter and released the imprisoned tears in her eyes.

                                          *

He walked down the walkway and knocked at the door. "Come in" Hameed's voice came, he went ahead and entered. "The contract in Phase 2 Festac needs more workers and rock breakers, unknown to us, beneath the land are basalt, diorite and trachyte rocks so........" Hameed started.

"Quit it Hameed, we need to talk" Saad said and sat down. "Tell me one good reason why" He answered. "Because you're putting too much effort in believing what is not true"Saad said.

........

She rose up from the Sofa taking the files with her. "Let me get the Car keys, i think i left them in there"  Saad said and walked into the bedroom and he was right. He took the keys and walked out finding Ameena on the floor.

"Meena....Meena.....Meena!!!"  He rushed to her but she was long gone, unconscious, her eyes were open, yet she couldn't speak or even blink. What could have happened. He quickly dialed Dr. Samin's contact his neighbor and luckily he was home. He arrived not long after he was called with some of  his items. "Maybe it's her Hypoglycemia" Saad said.

Dr. Samin took out a Glycometer and checked her sugar level.

"If that's the case then get me some coke or any other sugary drink" Saad hurried to the kitchen and brought Samin a bottle of coke. "Thank God, its not too low" Samin spoke while Saad fed her almost all of the coke and in no time, she was better. "You need to rest for now, and tomorrow morning, eat something like pancakes with sugar, not to much sugar tho" Samin explained.

She was very weak but conscious, she got what he said. "Give her two of this now, it will make her sleep." He came again. "I'll take her home first..."  Saad started. "How are you going to do that in this condition?, just give her something to change into and sacrifice your bedroom." Samin advised.

Saad got her a shirt and a sweatpant. She changed and took the medicine.

"I was already dressed to sleep when you came, There was a quilt on the Sofa , you were just raged you didn't notice it."Saad said. "Are you telling me the truth?" Hameed's voice came. "Why would i lie to you? Do you ever think I would do that to you? Or Meena, have you ever thought why she keeps sugary stuffs with her always?" Saad added.

"Ohh Ya Allah!" Hameed sigh collapsing on his swivel chair. "She also asked me to return this" Saad said and the titanic ring he gave to her came to view. That broke Hameed. "I have to go meet her" He said and walked out. And yes even though they've stopped communicating, he still knows her whereabouts so he went straight to her office which he hated.

She walked back into the building back from break when she saw him, this time around, she walked out on him to the lift before he does but his hand stopped the lift from closing. He walked in and it closed back. He didn't know where to start, She was nervous. She did what she always does and in swift action, he caught her waist, willing to land his lips in hers but she turned away. He understood what she meant so he took his hands off her.

"Look, I'm sorry." He blurt. The lift door opened. "Excuse me" She said and walked away. He followed suit to her office. She sat trying hard to focus on the files in front of her but couldn't. "Meenah I know you're not aware, the kind of love i feel for you, If only you knew, you would understand me. I feel very protective of you. I.... You can call me selfish but I want you all to myself, whenever i see you or even hear you with other guys, i feel irritated. Jealous won't cover what i feel. When i saw you on his bed, i lost it. Maybe you don't love me enough to understand this but please, i want you back Baby, please!" He pleaded.

"Hameed please, leave" She spoke. She had tears in her eyes and she can't risk him seeing it. "I'm not leaving Meenah and you're taking me back" He spoke. Both of his hands on her desk. "I'm not" She gently cleared her face. "Meenah i know you want this, please don't make it hard for us" He said walking around, now he was beside her. She looked up at him.

"I don't want it, I'm done!" There we're still tears in her eyes, she rose to leave but he caught her back. "You're not saying the truth, you're not" He was afraid of loosing, it's going to be his worst nightmare. He moved closer pinning her to the wall. And before she could digest everything. He bit her lower lip roughly.Kissing and caressing it like his life belonged in it. "Stop me if you don't want me" He whispered in her ear proceeding to her neck.

He kissed like he was out of his mind. He misses her, her scent and everything. More that one could ever think of. "Ham..eed" she called more of a whisper. She was weak. "Don't do that, stop" She called but Hameed was lost,her scent driving him wild. He took hold of his head and turned him to herself. "Don't, don't do that" She added.

"I'm sorry baby, please forgive me" He looked rough. "That would take me time" She answered. " And why didn't you tell me you have Hypoglycemia?" He questioned. "I was about to tell you" She answered. "Don't ever do that to me again, tell me everything" He said again. "It's not like we're back" She said.

He played with her nose. "Oh yes we are"

..........

Munifa✨