Twenty two.

Kaduna, Nigeria.

She took off the towel from the hair and took the hair dryer. "There's no way you're doing it yourself" Saymah said taking the dryer from her. "I miss him so very much" Ameena pouted. "In a week, you're gonna be with him all day" She answered.

"I know right" She smiled. "I think the guests are leaving" Saymah said peeping through the window. Ameena took her phone and text him.
'Hey there' She sent and before one could say twilight, he text back. 'Hello, what's my baby doing?' Saymah sat next to her reading it out.
'I'm making my hair'
'Enjoy your last time doing it'
"I'm sending Saleem away" Saymah said after reading out. "What!!! Why?" Meena asked back.

"He's a total loser, romance department, can you believe he asked me my best color after a kiss" Meena laughed like her life depends on it.
"Yeah, you're laughing because you're not in my shoes, i mean who does that?" She hissed
"Kiyi hakuri kinji (I'm sorry okay)" She answered his text.

"Lol! I miss you so very much' She sent and he replied immediately. 'Dont be shy, what exactly do you miss?' He knew his text is going to make her shy, yet he sent it. 'I miss every single thing, send me a quick picture' She sent and in seconds, he sent a selfie.

 'I miss every single thing, send me a quick picture' She sent and in seconds, he sent a selfie

"Oh my God!" Saymah exclaimed snatching the phone away. "Have you ever kissed those lips?OMG! You're done baby" She added. Meena laughed. "He's way finer than you" Meenah slightly frowned. "Thats a fat lie" 'Where are you going?' She sent back.They were done with the hair already and Saymah left.

'I had dinner with a friend. Missing you so very much, I'll come see you tomorrow' He text back. 'I can't wait to see you then'  She sent and went ahead to Gwaggo. She was sitting with another lady who you can tell is way younger than Gwaggo, older than Ameena tho. She squatted on the floor and greeted.
"Barka da rana" She started and before Gwaggo could say a word, the woman spoke.

"Amarya, come sit here" She said patting the Sofa, just beside her. She went ahead. "I hope  you're seeing changes from the Spa. I was out of town" She spoke. "Of course there are changes, look how she's glowing" Gwaggo answered the woman. "Here, take these" She said handing over a large paper bag. "This, you're expected to take it every morning and this, it's for shower. And lastly this, Gwaggo is going to make sure you take it with Pap before sleeping"

Ameena felt uncomfortable yet she can't say she does not want them. Gwaggo was trying for her. "Okay" She silently answered. "If you do as you are told, he would run out of his mind for you" She added. "Thats not a good thing" Ameena blurt out. "Rubbish, He will run out of his mind in a good way" Gwaggo added. "Are they not uhmm, evil possession i don't know, potions" They laughed.

"It's not witchcraft Mamana, they are just herbs to make you more prepared, you know guys like prepared girls" Ameena prayed for the floor to open up, so she could fall in. "Thank you Gwaggo" She just said and the woman explained more.

                                           *

'Someone took me to a guess living room, I'll be waiting" He text. She dabbed a little powder and took her veil going straight to Gwaggo's room to tell her about seeing him. "No you can't see him" Gwaggo blurt out. "But why? He's here already"Ameena pouted.

"If you told me earlier, he wouldn't have wasted his time" She added. "You mean I seriously can't see him?" Meena asked. "Yes! He's meant to miss you, so when you're finally together, he would cherish every moment" Ah ah!!! Meena could not believe her ears. So old people can be romantic too. Ah!

"Okay, I'll just say Hi" Meena said getting up. "No. Tell me what you're going to say and I'll say it to him myself" Meena gave her those eyes. KISS HIM FOR ME!!! "Just say Hi" Meena pouted lying on Gwaggo's bed. "Okay, should i wave him off for you?" Gwaggo can be so cheesy. "C'mon, I'll just text him" Meena answered with a smile.

"Eh mana, ba ki so inje yace ni yake so ba(you don't want me to go so he wouldn't choose me)" Gwaggo joked. "Ohh please! You know I'm way finer and..... never mind" She shut herself up chuckling. "I'm not going to argue with you on that, he'll have to be the one to settle this" They laughed.

She sent him a quick text. 'I can't see you today Hun, so sorry' She sent and in less than a second, he text back. 'You're kidding me'
'I'm not' She text back.
'Tell me one good reason why'
'I don't know, its Gwaggo's law I think"
'What's that?'

'You can't see me till the wedding'
'That's a fat hypothesis'
'Lol. Yeah, whatever.'
'So you're actually telling me to get my ass back to Abuja.I won't be seeing you'
'Exactly!'
'Looks like you're happy about this'

'I'm not! But then I'll see you every single moment, from next week'
'Definitely!.....I'll see you then'
'Yes Hun. See yah! I love you'
'With all my heart!' He sent back.

                                           *

"I hate this!, it tastes like corn" Meena pouted taking the early morning pap. "Corn you said, when did you start eating corn?" Saymah made a questionable face. "I don't know, just taste it'She said putting a little in Saymah's mouth.
"It taste exactly like corn, I swear!" They laughed.

"I just wanna throw it away" She said semi frowning. "No don't, it's definitely important since they emphasized on you taking it" Saymah added. "Thank you!" Gwaggo walked in. "And by the way, its for your own good, you have no idea what this is doing to you, you'll thank me later, I'm sure!"She added.

"I know and I'm thankful yes, it just tastes bad"
She pouted. ""It's okay Gwaggo, I'll take it from here"Saymah said and Gwaggo went ahead. "Finish it" She said right after she kept it on the table. "I'm not!" She pouted. "Hey girl, you can't be cute around me, you're gonna finish that whether you like it or not so keep your pout for him"

"Ive missed him so much!" She blurted. "I can't wait for the next 5 days, I seriously can't wait" She added. "I know right, i wish I could follow you guys to your honey moon" Meena laughed.
"Not even in your wildest dreams"

.....

Munifa✨