Part Forty-Two: inevitability

Y'all my skin is burning please don't sit down in the desert

It isn't a good idea

Amalia

Just as quickly as the two left, they return, however Ryvud simply isn't the same. His eyes look dead, and he's trembling like a leaf in the wind. Zal simply gazed at him with amusement. "Lost all your fight already?" He tsks, and almost looks disappointed. "Well, can't really blame you... I assume you've learned your lesson?" Ryvud blankly nods. Zal grins, and it sends a shiver down my spine. Elely nudges Eva, and unsubtly asks, "So, uh, what's up with Yugo?" Dally chips in with a "yeah". Zal looks over at her, his expression one of intrigue. "You have the blood of the Iop god." Elely looks even more confused, but nods. "Uh, duh, you know that already." Pausing, she looks around the room. "He did know that...right?" After seeing the expressions of those around her, she turns back to Zal. She still looks confused, but something in her eyes changes. "Elely," Eva says carefully. She doesn't reply, but instead nods. "Yeah." Dally frowns. "Why do I get the sense a battle is brewing?" Sheila swallows hard. "Because one is." Zal looks unimpressed. "No offense, but if we were to fight, you wouldn't win." Though his words were accompanied by an intense look, to me his words sounded oddly dismal and hollow. Unintentionally I seem to have shown a flicker of confusion, because Zal narrows his eyes a bit at me. Shhh, just a bit longer, they seemed to say. What in the World of Twelve is Zal planning? He turns toward Sheila. "You.... you're very intriguing, you know?" He says, and he seems to be speaking honestly. Sheila doesn't say anything, but her expression weakens for a moment. Zal stares at the ground, and her curiosity seems to break her silence. What do you mean?" She asks hesitantly. Zal sighs, looking disappointed. "He never noticed all that you hid, but I know your secret...." From where I was standing, I could practically see Sheila's blood turn to ice. She went as pale as a sheet and looked like she was about to faint. He looks up at her terrified expression and chuckles, amused. "What's wrong, pinky? Bow-meow got your tongue?" He says with a cruel smile, chuckling some more. Dally stands up straight from his battle pose and stretches. "You know," he says, rolling his shoulders. "You talk way too much." Distracted, he turns to Dally. "Wh-?" I seize the opportunity to restrict Zal and slam him to the ground with my vines, but not as hard as i intended to. Wait.... I could've sword I summoned way more vines than this! What's going on with my magic...? He laughs, and a cold piercing eye stops me in my tracks. "Magic doesn't work here, little flower...."

"At least, your kind doesn't. "

Ahahaha guess who still has a headache