Part 7

Buffy's POV

I'm in shock when I read the name at the bottom. I don't know who Lil Wayne is, but I sure as hell know who Colton is, and I don't I'd be stupid to say no when a guy like him just asked me out.

I glance over across the room to where the unrealistically pretty boy is staring at me, and I give him a nod, trying not to let myself smile too hard. When I turn back to Kaitlin, she has a look of awe on her face.

"You realize you just get asked out by one of Jefferson's dreamiest guys," she whispers.

I crack into a grin, saying, "I know. I'm in disbelief. Am I sleeping?"

"You're wide awake," Kaitlin confirms.

I'm not making this up. Of all the girls Colton could've chosen, he picked me. He wants to be with me.

_______________________________________

The bell rings to signal the end of class, and everyone immediately jumps out of their seats to flock toward the door. I'm not in such a rush, and neither is the boy I glance over at. Kaitlin gives me a nudge, which is her way of telling me to go over to him, and I comply. I'm not sure whether to look at him or elsewhere while I walk up, so my eyes flicker between him and the ground. He smiles at me from where he sits on the top of his desk, waiting for me to get there.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," I respond, sounding more wonderstruck than I intended. "I didn't realize you knew I existed," I comment.

"A girl as beautiful as you—" he replies "—I know you exist."

The compliment gives me a weird sensation of butterflies, but it's like their winding around upside down when they should be upright. It makes me nervous, because I don't know how to decipher the feeling.

Then he adds one more thing. "Meet me there at 7:00 on Sunday."

"I'll be there," I reply.

He shows off another crooked smile before standing up off the desk and walking out of the room, slowly as though life waits for him.

With him gone, my excitement levels are finally able to be released, and I hurry out of the classroom to find someone to unload it all on. I spot Andi at the end of the hallway and dart over to her.

"What's going on?" she asks as I approach her.

I grab her shoulders and smile, saying, "A boy just asked me out!"

"Oh my gosh! Who?" she says, matching my energy level.

"Colton!" I squeal.

Her smile changes into a look of confusion. "Really? Him?"

I let her go and take a step back, thrown off by her response. Does she not believe he would like me?

"Yeah," I say. "Why do you seem so put off by that?"

"I just didn't really think he was your type," she answers. "I always thought you end up with someone else."

"Someone else?"

"In all honesty, I thought you and Marty would be a thing for sure."

"Me and Marty?" I respond in surprise. "We're friends. Not more than that."

"Whatever you say," Andi says with a shrug. "I think you'd be good together."

"Andi—"

"You and Colton would be good too, though," Andi says, adding back her smile to try to sound more genuine. "I hope it goes well."