3.

~ Interview 1 ~

It's noon and I'm ready. I have my list of questions because I know I'll forget everything I want to ask. I have minimal make up on and my hair is curled. I look nice. I grab a water bottle and keys as I leave the house. I get in my car and start driving. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to the Starbucks. It's now 12:45.

Deep breathes babe. You can do this. I listen to my favorite Ed Sheeran song, "Don't" before I go in.

In the background check it says that Mr Alberts was 5'11" with blonde hair. I look around the place and I don't see him. I pick a spot close to the secluded corner and wait to see if he comes. I think it's rude to order if you're meeting someone and they aren't there, so I just wait. At 12:55 I see him enter. He's very handsome, definitely goes to the gym, but he's not a body builder. He has a good looking face. I stand up and walk over to him. I keep my head bowed a little, and approach him.

"Mr. Alberts?" I say.

"That's me. Are you Rose?"

I look up at this and look at his face, "Yes sir, that's me." I say as I put my hand out for him to shake. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Alberts."

He takes my hand with a firm grip. His hand easily engulfs my hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Rose. Do you have a table picked out? Have you ordered?"

"I grabbed one in the back, thinking it would be more secluded. And no, I didn't order yet. I thought it'd be better to order together, that way I didn't drink it all by the time you got here." I say with a smile.

"That was very thoughtful. Let's get in line then." He gestures in front of him and signals for me to go ahead. I stand in front of him awkwardly.

"What do you normally order, Mr. Alberts?"

"An Iced Dirty Chai Latte. You?"

"I normally get tea lemonades. What makes the latte dirty?"

"It has a shot of espresso. Perfect boost for the day."

I smile at him; I don't know what to say. We're next in line and Mr. Alberts gently pushes me forward, to the cashier.

"Good afternoon, what can I get you two today?" the cashier says.

"Oh um," I look at Mr. Alberts for any indication that he's fine paying for my drink, because I don't want him to, but I know he won't let me pay. Dom's aren't like that. He just smiles at me and jerks his head to the cashier. "I would like a Grande Mango Black Tea Lemonade please, with light ice?"

"Sure, what's your name?"

"Rose"

"And for you, sir?"

"A Grande, Iced Dirty Chai Latte please. Name is Caleb." He turns to me and asks, "Do you want a pastry, Rose?"

"Oh, no thank you, Sir. I already ate lunch, still full." I reply.

He looks at me for a second and then turns to the cashier, "I would like a slice of lemon pound cake and a croissant."

He pulls out his phone and pays before I can even do anything. Did I mess up? He gently places his hand on my back and guides me to the back of the place. We sit where I was earlier and there was no one around. I sit down and he pulls out the food he ordered and sets it in the middle of the table. He looks at me and says, "Would you like to play a game?" My eyes are wide, and I look right into his eyes.

"May I ask what kind of game it is, Sir?"

"It's not a sexual game, Rose. And for today, call me Caleb. I'm just getting to know you and likewise. I'll get our drinks, stay here."