Chapter Eleven

Two days

Two days. No texts. No threats. Then why does it feel like he's still watching my every move?

The last time Camille had received a threatening text from @Grim_Tweeter was Wednesday night, the night she found Shannon's butchered body. And now that it was Friday, and school was back in session, she couldn't help but feel like she should be waiting on a text to arrive. Another picture of a mutilated teenage body. She found herself being just as scared with his silence as she was when he was actually threatening her.

"I haven't heard from him since Shannon died. I don't know if he's backing off or is just waiting on the perfect moment to pounce" Camille looked at her phone before throwing it back into her locker. She grabbed her history book and slammed her locker shut, kneeling against it to face Olivia, Ethan and Alec. Travis hadn't returned to school yet, for obvious reasons. Shannon's murder was hard on everyone, but the pain could not be as unbearable as it could be when compared to the grief Shannon's own twin brother was going through. I haven't heard from Travis, either.

Alec couldn't have seemed less interested if he tried, his eyes glued to his own phone. Presumably not looking at a text from a psycho killer. Olivia knelt against the locker next to Camille's, whoever owned it, with an iced coffee in her hand. Camille could only guess that the caffeine was the only thing keeping Olivia cheery today. That, and the fact that Ethan's arm was draped around her shoulder. That was what made them completely different. Olivia liked help from other people to calm her down, whilst Camille would rather deal with issues on her own. And how well does that turn out for you, Cam?

But the texts were too much to cope with on her own. "I hate to mention it, but, has he been texting any of you guys?"

Alec looked up from his phone with an annoying smirk that always seemed to be permanently attached to his face. "Who? Our mysterious acosador? Not a word. I'm starting to feel left out". To say he was seeing this whole situation as a joke was an understatement. But it was to be expected. Alec Cortez, class clown and winner of 'who can give the least shits'.

"Can you stop making a joke out of this for one minute, please? People are scared for their lives over here and all you seem to care about is not being on the killer's hit-list!" Olivia said sternly, with one of her perfectly thin eyebrows in the air. She said she was fine this morning, but clearly the text she received was still on her mind. Camille couldn't blame her.