Chap 16

I exited the tent with Peter at my side. Oreius looked at us before he passed, looking to the side. Peter and I followed his gaze until our sight fell upon Edmund talking to Aslan. Our eyes then fell on Susan and Lucy as they left their own tent. Their eyes fell on Edmund.

Lucy gasped. "Edmund!" She cried, surprised but happy all the same. Just as she was about to run towards him, Peter caught hold of her.

Aslan and Edmund looked over at us before looking back to eachother. They exchanged a nod before Edmund came our way, Aslan following.

"What's done is done" Said Aslan. "There is no need to speak to Edmund about what has past" He left after he said those words.

I looked at Edmund, he had a split lip and a light bruise forming underneath his left eye.

"Hello" Edmund said.

Lucy stepped forward as she shared a hug with her brother. Susan then did the same.

"Are you all right?" Susan asked.

"I'm a little tired" He replied.

"Get some sleep" Peter said. I smacked him harshly on the arm before stepping forward and pulling Edmund into a tight hug. Shocked, he hugged back. When I was satisfied with our hug, I pulled back.

"Pull that sort of stunt again, and I break your back" I said with a serious face before grinning, showing that I was joking. Edmund smiled before beginning to leave to get some sleep.

"And Edmund" Peter began, turning to his only brother. "Try not to wonder off" Peter smiled. Edmund smiled back before entering his tent.

~

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed" Lucy stated, watching Edmund munch on his toast. I laughed a little before finishing off my food.

"I'm sure they'll pack something for the journey back" Peter said from the rock he was leaning against.

"We're going home?" Susan asked sadly.

"You are" Peter corrected, walking towards us. "I promised mum I'd keep you four safe" He said, sitting down next to me. "But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help"

"But they need us" Lucy said quietly. "All five of us"

"Lucy, It's too dangerous"

"That's the thing, Peter" I began. Peter looked at me quizzically. "Five people is better than one. It's more risky to leave you here, alone, to help the Narnians"

Peter sighed as he looked at me. He turned back to the rest of the group as if to get away from my statement.

"You almost drowned, Lucy! Sae goes for you, Y/N! Edmund was almost killed!"

"Which is why we have to stay" Edmund interupted, all attention now brought to him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped do it. And we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it" Lucy squeezed Edmund's hand reassuringly.

"I suppose that's it then" Susan said as she stood up, walking to her bow and arrows.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked.

Susan picked up her arrows and her bow.

"To get in some practise" She replied, leaving.