Chap 22

Important A.N This chapter is rather gruesome for particular bits, please be aware and continue with caution xx    Special dedication to I_DKelle984 for inspiring me to update this story after months

I slashed a soldier's shield with my sword as I dug the small dagger into his neck. His neck bled out, soon making him fall to the ground as he smacked his hands to his neck. He was dead by the time I took my dagger away. 

A Phoenix soured through the sky before It turned into a giant flame. It flew down along the ground as it formed a barrier between the armies. As The White Witch's carriage was walked through the barrier of fire, It disappeared.

"Fall back! Draw them to the rocks!" I heard Peter bellow just before a horn sounded. 

Our Army followed his command, but I wasn't fast enough. 

I felt something shove me to the ground from behind. I rolled over quickly to look at my attacker. An Ogre.

Just before the Ogre was able to lift Its club to hit me, It was knocked over onto Its side. I turned around quickly, Peter was holding his hand out for me to take. I gripped his hand before he lifted me up and onto my feet. I kept one of my arms around Peter's waist, my other hand holding my sword, as we sped over to his Unicorn.

~

Archers drews their bows back and fired their arrows, killing their enemies near instantly. An arrow from The White Witch's army was fired towards Peters Unicorn, notching Itself into the flesh. The Unicorn instinctively reacted and Peter and I were sent flying, the Unicorn then falling over from the pain. I turned to Peter, his helmet was off and he was panicking. I stood up quickly, rushing towards Peter, as we had somehow split from the fall. I helped him up as we looked at the opposing army.

"Stop!" Peter yelled as Oreius ran towards The Witch's army, another creature going with him. The creature soon fell while Oreius continued his attack.

Oreius ran towards The Witch before jumping up and swinging his sword, barely missing her head. He turned back to face her as he continued. But before he could get any further, The Witch stuck her wand onto his chest as a blinding light appeared.

~

Two Gryphons flew down to The Witch - who was currently heading towards Peter and I - before she managed to kill them. My heart broke as I watched them die right in front of my eyes. Two pure souls who wanted to help protect their home. My thoughts were suddenly clouded as Peter shielded the both of us as the statues broke.

"Edmund! There's too many!" Peter shouted as I stabbed an oncoming Ghoul, who fell at my feet.

"Get out of here! Get the girls and get them home!" 

Peter then turned to me. He took my face into his hands, stared right into my eyes, before he placed his lips on mine. It might have been in the middle of a war, but I felt safe in that small moment. The kiss was quick and screamed everything we wanted to say to each other, but did not have the time to.

"Go with Edmund. Keep them safe. I'll come back, I promise" As much as I didn't want to leave Peter, I knew I had to listen to him.

Peter turned me in the direction of Edmund before he began to fight an oncoming Minotaur. After a brief fight, the Minotaur dropped to the ground. When Peter turned back to me, surprised to see me still there, I grabbed his shoulders and pressed my lips to his. 

"You'd better come back to me, to all of us, or so help me..." I said, my forehead resting against his for a brief second before I pulled back. 

Peter took my hand and gave it a squeeze before letting go and fighting yet another Minotaur as I took off towards Edmund and Mr. Beaver. I had just reached them when Edmund drew his sword.

"Peter said, ''Get out of here!''" Yelled Mr. Beaver.

"Peters not king yet" Edmund said before running towards The WItch. 

I chased after him, sword also drawn. Edmund jumped down, yelling a battle cry, missing The Witch's wand. She pushed her wand out to touch him, but he reacted quickly and moved out of the way, cutting through the wand and breaking it. Before the thoughts could surface, she stabbed Edmund in the stomach.