~ The Last Competition ~

(A/N: Here's Boruto's Free Skate Song: https://youtu.be/_fGm_teekjo)

××××

Its been a few days since the last competition and final one is so close.

The last competition... the grand prix final is finally approaching.

They've done their short programs already, and it was finally the last performance.

And the day where everything ends.

-----

Sarada sighs, "After the grand prix final... I'm gonna retire... You go on without me."

Tears are seen from the blond boy.

"Wait, what? No... You can't do that!"

"Yes I can!"

Boruto looks down, "If you're gonna retire... then so am I..."

"No! Don't..."

"So you can retire and I can't?!"

"Well, I didn't think you'd care!" Sarada shouts, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"After all we've been through..." Boruto cries, "You didn't think I care?! Did you even think everything we ever did mattered?! Just when I thought we were getting along..."

"W-What-"

"I didn't know you could be so selfish..." Boruto sighs.

"Wait, But I thought-"

"You thought what?!"

"N-Nothing." Sarada mutters, trying to stop herself from crying, "I just wanted to let you know... I had fun with you... and thanks for being there for me..."

Boruto was speechless, he thought this was just some sort of cruel joke... he finally finds the words to say, "If that's what makes you happy... then fine. It ends tomorrow... I'll watch you perform one last time."

"Thank you... and I'm sorry..." Sarada hugs him, "I'll miss you... and skating..."

Boruto just looks down, not saying anything. He doesn't hug her back, but he just starts to sob.

This was definitely the worst day for the both of them.

-----

"The next skater on the ice is, Uzumaki Boruto!"

It was Boruto's turn on the ice, he doesn't say a word to Sarada. They just stare at each other sadly.

Boruto tears up, and manages to say something, "When you leave the ice... don't forget the fun we had... don't forget all those moments... I really wanted to skate with you one last time..." he hugs her.

"You wanted to skate with... me?" Sarada was surprised, she thought-

"Boruto doesn't love you, okay!" Sumire shouts at her face, "You should just retire!"

Boruto mutters, "W-What did you think? I've always wanted to... for the longest time now..."

Sarada's eyes widen.

She cries, "I'm really gonna miss you... please, do your best... and win gold!"

"Of course, I always do." Boruto smiles sadly, she hugs her tighter.

"Don't give up, okay? When I retire, I want to see you keep on going... I don't want you to ever give up..." Sarada sobs, "The ice is your life right? Don't give up on it..."

"I... I promise..." Boruto places his head on her shoulder, "This is my promise to you..."

"Now go!" Sarada shouts.