cloud chasers

Having recently entered her adult years, Joyce Blackbird struggles to write something good to make her dreams come true

But the people around her, constantly staring down at phones and never daring to look or talk to one another, are of no inspiration to her. The bland and boring city of Okin she lives in frustrates her.

She meets Chase Journey, a strange musician, the first person to look at her for more than one second. Through the clouds produced by his constant vaping, she learns that he, too, longs to escape reality.

He takes her to his special place, where he likes to go to be alone and away from everyone.

Soon, thanks to a special vape juice, they embark on an impossible trip in a faraway world, free from the constraints of reality. A world bathed in the essence of inner desires and melancholy for a time that once was, probably only in their minds. A world worth writing about.

 A world worth writing about

• general info •

Hi! Thank you for your interest in my book!

I can't identify a proper genre for this one, but I can tell you it crosses New Adult, as well as Romance and a particular genre known as Transrealism, which means: presence of fantastic elements mixed with the immediate perceptions from naturalistic realism.

Because Cloud Chasers has already been completed offline, I'm able to bring you updates every Tuesday and Friday! Starting: fall '19

What you will find in this book:

Escapism: an opportunity to dwell into the magical world of your imagination and mine, through the use of nostalgia inducing descriptions and character development, artistic imagery of fantastic places, philosophical concepts on the nature of reality and relationships. All mixed with a crude realism.

Vaporwave: a music and aesthetic genre from the 2010s that takes 80s and 90s mood music and cultural styles and manipulates them into something new. In this book, you will find references to the music, as well as descriptions of places and elements pertaining to the genre. Knowledge of Vaporwave is not required by any means. Listening to this music while reading is advised for a more immersive experience.

Universe: Cloud Chasers takes place in the same universe as my previous work, Long-Distance Calls, 12 years after the events of that book. Reading my previous work is by no means necessary and would in no way give you a better understanding of this one. The events of the two books are completely unrelated. What you might find in this book, though, is Peter Charming, the main character of my previous work. In this universe, he is now 27 and a published bestselling author.

I hope that you will like this read! I'm trying something entirely new and different, starting from the normal canons of storytelling and riding into something else. Do not be overwhelmed, though! This book is as easy a read as any other book!

• about the author

Robert Peterson, but you can just call me Rob. I'm 22 and I've been on Wattpad for about four years, the aforementioned Long-Distance Calls is my first work from 2017. Last year, I've been through a bit of a writer's block and couldn't get myself to write anything at all. Thankfully, I recovered from that and was able to bring you this new novel!

• playlist (non-vaporwave) •

All We Do ~ Oh Wonder
Regardless ~ Jarryd James, Julia Stone
Find My Way Back ~ Cody Fry
What It Is ~ Kodaline
Silhouette ~ Aquilo
Saw You in a Dream ~ The Japanese House
When We Drive ~ Death Cab for Cutie
Taking Pictures Of You ~ The Kooks
Dreams Tonite ~ Alvvays
26 ~ Paramore
wings ~ EDEN
Promise Not to Fall ~ Human Touch
Writer In The Dark ~ Lorde
Ground Control ~ All Time Low, Tegan and Sara
House of Memories ~ Panic! At The Disco
Start A Riot ~ BANNERS
Things We Ought to Say ~ Jamyang
Harvey ~ Her's
Summer Years ~ Death Cab for Cutie
I'll Be Good ~ Jaymes Young

* You can find a link to this playlist on Spotify in my bio! *

Among my inspirations for this book are Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dick, Ghosts of My Life by Mark Fisher, Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard

Among my inspirations for this book are Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K Dick, Ghosts of My Life by Mark Fisher, Simulacra and Simulation by Jean Baudrillard. The credits for certain ideas go to these authors.

This book shall not be reproduced or retransmitted in a whole or in a part, in any manner, without the written consent of the copyright owner. Any infringement is in violation of the copyright law.
If discovered that you have used copyrighted material, the copyright owner may bring legal actions against the other party who had plagiarized the material. You could pay legal cost.

If you become aware of any use of the copyrighted material, please personally message me. Thank you.

Cloud Chasers © Robert Peterson, writeyourname97, 2019. All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

tl;dr: don't copy my work. If you're drawing inspiration from it, please dm me about it to be sure you're not plagiarizing.

 If you're drawing inspiration from it, please dm me about it to be sure you're not plagiarizing