Juu San

[Forget]

Yume's parents said in front of me, both with smiles on their faces. We were sitting in the dining room, in front of a table with delicious-looking dishes. Kyoko-san asked, "So how have you been doing Yuuki-kun?"

"I've been doing okay, Kyoko-san. My parents enrolled me into Four Star Academy."

Her eyes twinkled, she looked even happier than before. Masaru-san casually said, "Oh? Yume is also a student there. Are you guys perhaps classmates?"

I nodded slowly, feeling cautious over every word that I say out loud. Yume's parents have always been protective of her. If something ever happened to her, they'd do anything (legally) to make sure that the person gets punished.

"...Yes. Classes are assigned accordingly by their ranks." I answered.

"Oh? What rank are you Yuuki-kun?" Masaru-san questioned.

"I'm rank 2. Right below Yume."

After that, we continued chatting over dinner. It was about to end until I finally remembered the purpose of why I came here. I chatted so much with them since it's been such a long time I almost forgot.

Why is Yume's parents so easy to talk to?

I cleared my throat and asked, "Masaru-san, Kyoko-san. I have a really important question to ask. Do you mind?"

The both of them nodded, "Why... does Yume not remember me?"

A second ago before I asked, they were all smiles. Now that I've asked this question, they look really serious. Is there actually a real reason behind it? Did I miss something when I was gone?

Kyoko-san smiled bitterly and spoke up, "You know... As a child, Yume loved being friends with you. Sure, she was friendly and had lots of friends, but I think that probably out of all of them, you were the one that could connect with her the most.

So she was really upset when she found out you left without saying goodbye to her..."

I...

I didn't think- I mean, I knew. I knew she would be upset, but I didn't want to make our goodbyes harder, that's why I decided not to say it.

"She tried to stay positive. Tried to act like nothing was wrong, but she was still a kid then. Kids show their emotions very easily, so it was quite obvious. No matter what we did or when we asked, she'd give us her brightest smile possible and say that she was fine.

But one day... She just looked so much happier, like how she was before she met you, Yuuki-kun. We thought something weird was going on, so we asked her about you. But when we asked, it didn't seem like she knew you at all. It was as if she didn't know who 'Yuuki Subaru' at all." Masaru-san said with a grim expression on his face.

"We went to the doctor for a checkup, but the doctor said there wasn't anything wrong. It wasn't amnesia or anything, it was a defense mechanism. Whenever humans have something they cannot tolerate anymore, and it takes a toll on them, the brain will take action and make sure they forget about it." He added on.

Does that mean... she wanted to forget about me?

[To be continued...]

Written on: 14 August 2019

I messed up my dates. I forgot to put it in my calendar. Please forgive me.

I'll make sure not to mess up my dates from now on, promise. Anyways, here's a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it, although it's a bit short. You get a tiny bit of Yume's situation now. Please stay with me until the end of the book! :)

See you next time!

Next update: 24 August 2019