baby fever

baby fever.

au one shot

au one shot.
requested by shortyjordy18

-

edwin looked over the shiny silver ring that wrapped around his finger. it sparkled in the sun, him smiling at the reflection. he believes that's all he's been doing for the past week. edwin couldn't help but admire the fact that he was officially married. he is now bound to someone he has grown to love over a few years. and when looking back at their moments together, time was only something they had so much of. it was probably why he was proposed to. his now respected husband didn't want to waste anymore time they have left in their young lives. he wanted to spend the rest of his life with edwin. it's not like edwin felt any different. he was ecstatic about getting married. he dreamed of it. and now that he wore the ring and everyone witnessed him walk down the aisle in a all white suit, his wildest fantasies came true.

edwin removed his gaze from his finger and to his husband that focused his attention on driving. his fingers drummed a pattern against the steering wheel, small hums falling past his lips. edwin smiled at him, bringing a hand up to caress the back of his neck. who he knew as caleb but liked to be called zion, took a quick glance at edwin and grinned before putting his eyes back on the road. he even took the hand on the back of his neck and gripped it in his own. zion kissed the back of edwin's hand, the older sighing in content from the affection.

the two of them were heading to their local furniture store, hoping to get all of the needed items to place in their newly bought home. all they have at the moment was a small table and a mattress. edwin complaining about wanting to decorate is what pushed them to buying the furniture quicker than planned. zion didn't care, only really concerned for how much edwin planned to spend in one day. it would surely dent their income if he went over budget.

parking the clean black car in a spot between two other vehicles, the wedded couple of only a couple of weeks turned to look at each other.

"don't go over board ed" zion joked. edwin scoffed before giggling.

"no promises babe" edwin pecked his lips before exiting. zion sighed before following after him. and as the two walked hand and hand through the parking lot, zion caught sight of a little boy sitting patiently in the back of a shopping cart. he was smiling as he sucked on a cherry lollipop. zion smiled at the sight.

zion always loved the thought of having his own kids. he just hated the idea of actually talking care of them. he wasn't the best when it came to handling children. he didn't know how to put them down for a nap; and he surely didn't know kids preferred snacks over a real meal.

once the two entered the store, edwin immediately released his grip from zion and started roaming in awe. he gawked at every colorful decoration he could get his hands on. zion slumped at the thought of the two of them being there all day.