Chapter Ten; "The Reunion."

ARLIE'S quizzitive expression dropped and her eyes glazed over with pain. 

"Arlie? Are you alright?" Asked Cale, hugging her closer to his broad chest. She didn't respond, and her face became cold and distant.

Arlo pursed his lips with thought and guilt. He shouldn't have brought it up; his mother didn't need the information that her sister, of whom abanadoned her, was here in Coille. But what's done is done, and there was no going back now.

"What did she say?" She asked blankly, her eyes looking past him and at the wall. Arlo sighed.

"She explained how she abandoned you, how sorry she was for it, and even her family that she left you for." Arlo scratched the back of his head. Arlie's face turned cold and sour as she snickered humourlessly.

"Is that so? She's sorry?" Arlie spat as she stood up in her mate's arms. Her amber eyes blazed with indignation and fury. "Oh, she'll be sorry." 

Arlo stood up and pulled her mother in for a hug, to which she huffed angrily to herself as she returned it. "I'm sorry, Mom. I didn't mean for you to be upset. I met her at the bar I do shows at. She looks just like you." 

Arlie nodded and sniffled, wiping her nose as she played with Cale's large fingers. Arlo looked at his mate for help. She merely pursed her lips and stood.

"We're supposed to be meeting her today, actually. Would you like to join us?" She asked softly, to which Arlie's eyes widened. 

"I-I don't know if I could. . ." She gazed off and her mate approached behind her. 

"Are you kidding me, Arlie Slaine? You're the strongest woman I know, and no awful family member could break you down." He wrapped his arms around her and joked, though his face was serious. "I couldn't even do that."

Arlie nodded and agreed with him. The light returned to her eyes as she spoke. "I am, aren't I? Sure, honey. I'll meet my sister again."

:)

THE wall to the bar was quiet, awkward, and most noticeably tense. Adair and Arlo walked hand in hand, Arlie and Cale doing the same, and the three others were following behind quietly.

Arlo's heart was racing in anticipation, and once he could see the bar's doors, he nearly struggled to breath. Adair's unreal blue eyes stared up at him reassuringly, causing a smile to dimple his cheeks. She pressed a subtle kiss to his knuckles and looked back at the bar.

Arlo knew he loved her dearly with these little things. She was made for him in that way. 

"PDA, dudes," Caz's annoying voice caused Arlo to glance back at him with an annoyed look as he lead his family through the doors.

It was quiet and empty, save for a few employees and a familiar white haired woman sitting at a table by the stage.

Arlo watched his mother take everything in and scoot closer to her mate, then her eyes flicker to Tyne as Arlo and Adair approached her.

The woman looked up and smiled softly at them, greeting them. She started to say something, but caught sight of her sister behind them and froze. Her amber eyes flecked an emotion that resembled something soft and numb. 

"A-Arlie?" Her voice called out, soft and sweet and hoping. Arlie's bitter facial expression melted into sadness, then relief as she ran to her sister's side and hugged her. The two sisters were sobbing and hugging and hysterical. The few people around them watched with incredulous looks at their similarities.

Arlo looked behind him as he heard the familiar grumble of Conan, then gave him a small smirk as he wandered up. Conan's confused face turned into awe and disbelief.