Chapter Thirteen; "Epilogue."

SATISFACTION is really a dangerous thing. It could mean both a sinful satisfaction, or a full, more warm feeling. You never really know.

But Adair. . . She felt as if she did know. 

She felt completed; whole.

A hole had been filled up with love and compassion, and even more so now that Arlo had given her the one thing she'd been wanting her whole life. Even more.

". . . That's when the large werewolf howled his mighty howl and kissed his mate, their love entangled together forever. The end."

She shut her book abruptly, ending the story in front of two little girls, of whom gasped and looked at each other. One had silvery-white hair and the other had midnight black hair, both blue-eyed. The result of Adair's eye color. 

"Mom?" Asked the white-haired girl, Catrine. Her mother smiled down at her. 

"Yes?"

"Will I meet my mate?" Her large doe eyes looked up at her mom with excitement as her brunette sister, Cathrine, wiggled in her seat, also looking at her mother.

"You will in time," Adair laughed, then smiled widely as her daughters jumped up and jumped up an down in excitement. She heard the tell-tale steps of Arlo echo throughout the cabin, then looke dover her shoulder as the large man entered, his silver hair in his eyes.

He swiped a curl away and peeled off his snow-covered boots as two little missiles launched at his legs. He faked a yelp and fell to the ground, playing dead as they yelled their triumph. With a smile, Adair got up and raced over to them, sitting beside her mate as he lolled his tongue out and kept his eyes closed.

"Arlo, did you get me my coffee?" She asked, still smiling as her daughters got off of him and raced off. 

"I can't, I'm dead." He replied, still laying there.

"I guess you'll be too dead to see what lingerie I'm wearing then." 

That made his eyes shoot open. He grabbed her and pulled her into his lap, looking up at her as he smirked. "I'll never be too dead to see that." 

Adair rolled her eyes, but pressed a kiss to his lips and slipped her legs off of him, standing in their kitchen and taking out the groceries from the bag he brought. She hummed as he got off the floor and came up behind her, his large hands on her hips. He kissed her neck, and she shivered at the feeling of his thick stubble poking her. Hed been growing it thinking he'd look more manly, and it made Adair even more attracted to him—if that was possible.

"Hmmm, red?" He asked, nodding to her bright red bra strap peeking through the white shirt of his that she'd been wearing. She shrugged, smirking secretly as he groaned.

"Fuck, I love that one." 

He continued kissing her neck, murmuring how much he loved her, when those same two missiles launched at him once more. Arlo grinned and shook his head, gathering the twins up in his arms and making explosive noises as they stole his glasses.

"Ah, give them back Cat!" He yelled playfully, blinking his now bare eyes. Catrine had stolen them and was now wearing the ridiculously oversized spectacles on her five year-old face. 

Arlo patted around, but the girls were out of his reach.

"Alright, Kitty, Cat," Adair said, getting the girls' attention. "Give your father his glasses back."

They solemnly handed them back to their dad, who put them back on and raised a brow at his daughters. They then screamed as he playfully lunged for them, scattering around and hiding behind their mom. He got up, wandered to his mate, and kissed the tops of his daughters' heads, then kissed her. 

Happiness.