Chapter 2- My heart

•Edited•
~
Life is messy
When you're rusty
You just have to make life work
To make your luck...

~anamikank05~
.

...........................................................

Melissa's POV
Unknown-07-2008

My face felt warm from the touch of the sun. The warm touch felt nice as I woke up to the new day waiting for me. I turned my head to the alarm clock. “Wow, time flies.” I thought. The weight of reality hit when I remembered what time I had gone to bed at.

“Wait, did I sleep for almost 24 hours?” I mumbled to myself in disbelief. I ran my hand through my now greasy hair, grimacing at the touch.

"Actually, you slept for 2 days." A very light voice said at the end of the bed. I sat up to see Barbie looking at me worried. “Really?” I questioned hoping she was joking.

“Yeah, I thought I should take you to the hospital when you didn’t even wake up for food.” Barbie looked down at me worried.

I stared at her, waiting for her to tell me it was a joke and it was only the next day. We continued our staring contest until my mum interrupted us.

My mum sat on the bed patting my leg. "I’m glad to finally see you awake darling. You slept for quite some time, but I didn’t want to wake you. I hope it made you feel better, especially after the news of us moving. I was hoping to ease you into the idea of moving. I know it’s a lot but I’m sure you’ll love your new home in California. The neighbor is wonderful, with plenty of kids your age. You’ll make friends in no time I’m sure of it. We can continue talking once you're ready. Breakfast will be ready in a minute, go ahead and wash up. Come downstairs once you’re done.” My mum said as an attempt to comfort me.

My mind slowly woke up as my mum talked to me. I attempted to form words but nothing could come out. I felt like I could have cried, but I was too dehydrated for it. My mum got up and grabbed my sisters hand, leading her out of the room into the kitchen. Knowing that sitting in bed wasn’t going to change the numbness my mind felt, I got up to go to my bathroom.

I began to wash my face after seeing how puffy it was. The warm water felt good against the sweat and tear stain cheeks. After wiping my face off I put on some deodorant and dry shampoo, I wasn’t in the mood to shower. I went back out to my room and put on whatever clothes I could find. Which happened to be an old t-shirt and workout shorts.

I emerged from my room and went straight to the kitchen and sat down at the dining room table. My anxiety spiked as I remembered the conversation my mum and I had just a few days ago. My nose picked up the smell of my mum’s waffles as my stomach growled. It was good timing as I was going to ask my mum where breakfast was.

"Yummy!" I said eager to dig in as I watched the plate with an impatient eye.

"I know they are your favorite, so I made them especially for you.” My mum commented as she placed the plate carefully in front of me.

"Mum, that’s not fair!" Barbie whined as she watched me take my first bite.

"You know, when we go to California I will have more time to make food like this." Mum added as she poured a glass of water for herself.