Chapter 8 My girlfriend?

Melissa's Pov
Bethany tried to react by slapping me but before she did, Charlie stopped her by saying

"Don't you ever touch my girlfriend"

Girlfriend?
Seriously?
When?
How?

I'm totally confused. I only spoke to Charlie for a day and she's now my girlfriend?

How?

Maybe she mean't it in a good way. Like Girl-Friend. A girl that's my friend.

I was getting over the sudden claim before she spoke again.

"If you ever touch her, I'll rip you off"

Charlie seemed angry so I had to intervene.

"Charlie it's okay, I'm not hurt"

She turned a little to look me then she said "Are you sure you're okay? I can rip her off right now if you want"

"No don't. I'm not really in the mood to see her silly underwear"

"Okay follow me" then Charlie pulled me away from the scene.

We sat down as soon as we got to the table. I wanted to ask her many questions.

"Are we really a thing?" I asked but I wished I didn't.

She calmed down a little then spoke "I'm really sorry"

"Why? You don't have to be sorry about anything. You saved me"

"Yeah I know but I didn't mean to claim you" she was so sad that I had to cheer her up but I wish I didn't.

"You didn't claim me. We can make it official if you want. I kinda like you. But if you feel we would be in a hurry we can start off as a date"

"OMG really? I'm so so happy!" She exclaimed.

"So Saturday at Perino's?"

"Yeah!!!" She said happily.

We chatted for quite some time before the bell rang.

I had Maths next so I rushed to pick up my textbook from my locker and I went straight to class.

I entered the class just before it started. I found only one seat left so I went to sit there. It was as if someone planned it because I sat just infront of Steve.

I felt so weird sitting there. It was as if my moves were watched. To make things worst Steve sent me a note but it wasn't from him. It was from someone else.

Cody: Heya! How are you doing?
Have you been hiding from me cause I haven't seen your pretty face in a while.

I was so confused cause I never spoke to him. I saw him in the Cafeteria a few times but he usually hung with Steve so we didn't chat.

Lissa: Hey.
I know you're my neighbor's friend but I've never really spoken to you.

I gave Steve my note so he'll pass it back but as soon as I did, Mr. Daniel asked me a question.

"Melissa Bond. Seems like you already know this topic. You aren't paying attention"

"Solve this on the board
Find x by making it the subject of the formula: 11+x=20"

I stood up and took the chalk from him. I was ready to give the question a shot and at the same time avoid humiliation.

"Explain please" he said just as I reached the board.

"Okay.
11+x=20. That's the equation.
To make x the subject of the formula you take 11 to the other side, changing the sign. Then you subtract it from 20.
That is x=20-11
Therefore, x=9"

"Wonderful!" Mr Daniel said just as everyone was clapping for me.

"You may take your seat Melissa" Mr. Daniel said.

I went to take my seat. I didn't settle well before someone tapped me. It was Cody again!

Cody sat next to me but surprisingly he always sent his note through Steve. Steve on the other hand didn't seem to care. He was cool about it.

Cody was a very handsome guy. He was always protruding hot! He had black hair and brown eyes. He also had six packs. Not like I have seen him naked. It's just so obvious when you see him. Cody is hot and all. He's just like Steve's competitor. No girl could resist them. Not even me.

I deciced to stop thinking and read the note. It said
Cody: You don't need to know me, I know you. Wink!
Here's my number
+323
Text me, wink!

So I replied him by saying
Lissa: I'm sorry I can't text you. I'm not really good at that. Text me instead.
Here's my number +323

Cody: No probs ;)

Lissa: Lol

Cody: You find me funny? That's nice ;)

I was about to reply but the teacher interrupted
"What is going on there? Melissa Bond, why are you smiling?"

"Oh nothing"

"It didn't seem like nothing!"

"Trust me it's nothing"

"Okay pay attention. Just because you answered a question right doesn't mean you can't go on detention"

"But I'm already on detention"

"And I can make it more"

Ring Ring
"The class is dismissed" Mr Daniel said.

"Finally" I thought. I was about to leave before Mr Daniel asked me to see him after the class.

"Melissa, I know you are pretty smart but you need to pay more attention in class. Don't depend on what you know. Learn more."

"Okay"

Then he continued "Keep away from Cody Williams. He's no good. He's bad news."

"Thanks for your advice. Can I leave now. I have another class" I told him.

"Okay. You may leave" he said disappointed.

I didn't want to get an advice from a teacher. What did he know? He's just a teacher. He won't understand.

I had history next and surprisingly Charlie and I had the same class.

After school I served my detention and went straight home.

............
Lissa has a girlfriend now.
Wow!
I'm also shocked!

Let's see what happens....