Chapter Eleven

JOHN'S POV

________________________________________________

It had been almost a week since we'd last seen Jax. We still didn't know exactly what happened, but we were all thinking the same thing. Her father. Its the only reasonable explanation. After she didn't return for two days we went to the police and filed a missing persons report. They interviewed us though because a lot of people knew who we were and maybe people could keep an eye out. They asked if anyone wanted to hurt her, was being stalked, or was showing signs of strange behavior. We ignored the first two questions and said no to the last one, but when they repeated them we eyed eachother and stayed silent. If we told the police about Michael, we would all no doubt be in danger.

But if we told them, they might find her and Michael and put him behind bars. Even though he could still hurt us no doubt even being locked up. But we were desperate and would do anything to find her. Alive preferably. They knew something was up when we looked at eachother and didn't answer. We asked if we could have a minute in private to gather our thoughts. They smiled kindly and told us that would be fine but to be quick because they have a lot of other people to help. So here we are.

"Just- can we please tell them!? They need to know!" Veronica shouted angrily. "I don't think that would be very wise. If we do then we might just be giving her a death sentence. He might kill her because we reported him." "But we will likely never see her again if we don't!" I said exasperated. "But maybe if we tell the cops we need protection and tell them they could find her and we'd be safe," "Maybe but he's a powerful man he's not going to be easy locate especially since he doesn't want to be found." "Don't underestimate the cops they are good at what they do." "But who's better?" "He probably has the police infiltrated anyway." "We'll yeah but he's states away! It's close to a 100% that this particular station has most definitely not been compromised so its a safe bet that there isn't one of his men on this force." "Look we are running out of time! Every second we argue about this is another second she's in danger. I vote we tell them everything." Kade said. We all stared at him. It's a surprise to us that he wants to tell them after all he was held by his father too and went through just as much as she did and if he finds out the police are hunting him, he will seek revenge with Kade at the top of his hit list. But it makes sense. He some how feels responsible for Jax's disappearance. "I vote we tell them everything," I said, my voice sounding foreign to my own ears. "I vote we tell." Veronica decided. Harry looked hesitant for his life would also be in danger but agreed in the end. "It's settled then. We tell them everything."

After we spilled the beans to the cops, we went back to Jax's new place. We'd been spending a lot of time there. She was so excited to live there, and we swore we could feel her atmosphere still lingering. Not that she was dead. Or was she? We all just sat on the new couches she ordered but never got to see, and stayed quiet. That's all. Just staring off into space with tear filled eyes. Her vanishing had greatly affected all of us. Kade mostly. And me. I needed her back. It may sound cheesy but she was the love of my life. The days we spent together as a couple, though not many were the greatest days of my life. I love her so much. They have to find her, or I don't know what I'll do.

We looked like hell. None of us would eat much, and we were all sleep deprived. We showered, and changed but couldn't find it in us t do anything other then sit here and stare at nothing. The police said it was good of us to tell them and said they've heard of Michael before. He was top 100 most wanted even. We did NOT know that, and to be honest, it scared us a little. But we made our choice and stuck with it. The best trained cops they had are currently guarding all the entrances. It's because this is Michael that they are dealing with that the measures they are taking to keep us safe are so drastic. They said the information we gave them helped their progress on locating him. Last Kade saw him he lived in a mansion in Arizona in a secluded place. But he's probably moved since then. They sat that because Kade and Jax are his kids that they are valuable assets to have on their side. Me and Harry and Veronica all knew we were putting our own lives at risk and some might think this is Jax's and Kade's problem so why were we still here? Well this is our problem to, and despite the danger we will not run and leave them to deal with it themselves we would never do that. None of us have family anymore and we all just click. We are each others family. We stick together through everything.

When we first reported the incident about Jax, we gave them her license plate number and they located her car. It was at a nearby cake store with a cake already in it. It was locked too. According to the cops she locked the car after she put the cake in it but never got in. In an alley near the cake shop they found her car keys. They searched them for prints but only found hers. She must've saw something in the alley and went to check it out. Damn her curiosity. They also found a few drops of a substance that when inhaled, makes the person lose consciousness. They were marks in the gravel from signs of struggle. She put up a fight. So much for the self defense classes. Her kidnapper was well trained and left no evidence behind. We shouldn't have left her alone that day. And if he found them, why is Kade still here? I loved her and I wanted her home. We always thought I would marry Jax and Kade would marry Veronica while Harry stayed a bachelor for life. Good times. It seems like forever ago. We had to make it through this.

KADE'S POV

________________________________________________

She was gone. Kidnapped by our father. I should have been there! I should've never let my guard down. We should've known we would never be safe. I should've known. Now she's gone. She's the only family I have left. She has to be okay. I already lost one sister I can't lose another. My mom died too. She's my sister. I love her so much we never fight. Ever. I can't believe I let this happen. Why her? Why not me? She sometimes told me that she thought Michael had it out for her, that out of all of them, he liked making her miserable the most. I always brushed her off telling her she was making it up or her mind was playing tricks on her but what if she was right? What if he really had something against her? Is that why he only took her? Or is he coming back for me? I didn't care if he did. He should in fact, I should be there to protect her. I never tried to protect her when they beat her in front of me in fear of making it worse for both of us but this time I would. I don't care if they hurt me, but they would never hit her in front of me again. I would kill Michael. I hate him so much. The moment I get the chance hes dead. I will strangle him myself. Bastard. All I have left is Veronica and I will never let anything happen to her. I love her too much. If he got his hands her he would likely make her part of the help and hurt in front of me. I would never survive if that happened. What we had was real love. Michael needed to die. And I would do everything in my power to make sure Jax gets home alive and unharmed, and that Michael dies. No matter what.