Chapter Nine

Janus's POV

The very next morning thousands of lucifenian peasants and Marlon guards stood outside the palace gates, I shared a worried look with Prince Logan.

I carefully looked at one of the windows and noticed a shadowy figure standing there, it had to be Remus, that bastard.

"Remus! You have reigned over our people for far too long, oppressing us, never even caring when tons of us die by your hand, starving everyone, and for that, you shall perish!" Everyone behind me cheered, raising pitchforks, torches, and scythes, they were ready.

After I gave the signal for everyone to move forward, people started attempting to tear down the gate while others attempted to climb over it, destroying everything around it in the process.

Roman's POV

The people were destroying every thing they could get their hands on, the once beautiful palace where I spent most of my child hood at was being torn apart in front of my very eyes, the last connection I had to my old life besides Remus and the beach had been broken and defiled beyond belief.

As the fellow house hold staff attempted to save the palace by grabbing the furniture and stacking it against the doors, I couldn't help but reflect on everything that happened and what eventually would happen.

I wanted to protect Remus, I wanted to make him happy, but all I did was prolong the inevitable.

Now I would watch my brother, the last biological family I had, the person I felt I could trust the most, be executed in front of me with out a second thought, and to make it even worse, I would hear the thousands of cheering voices in absolute delight at his death.

There had to be a way out of this.

I slowly looked down at myself, then realized what I had to do.

I promised that I would protect Remus no matter what, I lived to protect Remus and I was gonna die to protect Remus.

I power walked into Remus's bedroom and pilfered through one of his dresser drawers, I picked out one of his favorite outfits and put it on in a rush, I headed over to his vanity and put some purple eye shadow on my eyes and white powder in my hair for his grey hair streak.

Finally for the mustache I pulled out an old costume box we used to play with from under neath his bed, most of the stuff in it was useless to me now, but it didn't matter as I got exactly what I needed.

Inside the box there was a small case for fake mustaches and glasses, I promptly sat back down at the mirror and put it on.

Even though we were twins, it still felt shocking to see myself in the mirror like that, we always had such different styles it was easy to forget we were identical, I guess that's why nobody ever pointed out that we looked similar.

I stood up and began walking down the hall to Remus's office, as I passed by tons of servants fled down the hall way to escape through and barely gave me any second thought "traitors." I muttered to myself.

When I opened the door I saw Remus, pacing back and fourth looking absolutely disheveled, he seemed so far into his break down that he didn't even hear or notice me walk in.

He rambled panicked words that were so fast that I could barely make out what he was saying "Oh my god, I'm gonna lose everything, I just wanted to be a good ruler like my mom but I let my jealousy get the best of me!" he cried.

He continued on his rant until I grabbed him by the shoulder and stared at him only saying a simple "Remus." to snap him out of it.

He looked at me worried and a bit confused "Roman, what are you doing? We can't play dress up right now! We need to do something!" he yelled.