Episode Eight

After a hot shower and a long nap, I walked to my new dance studio located near school

After a hot shower and a long nap, I walked to my new dance studio located near school. It was a hike, but it wasn't so bad. I made sure to pack plenty of clothes in my gym bag just in case I really did decide to run away this time.

The fact that this small town even had a dance studio made me wonder how the owner kept the doors open, but who was I to judge. I knew my mom would pay plenty every month, so hopefully, my attendance would help business out a little bit.

When I walked into the changing room, I ran into my worst nightmare. Jenny the makeout queen.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Jenny stood at the mirror, applying pink lipstick to her full lips.

Why was she doing that? Makeup was only for performances. This was practice.

I didn't acknowledge her. I wasn't in the mood to argue, and I still hadn't planned how to get revenge. Instead, I walked by without a glance in her direction and rounded a wall of lockers, successfully blocking her from view.

"Tyler's mine, you know? We've been together since middle school." Jenny's annoying voice bounced off the walls as I got dressed. "Tyler probably told you he doesn't date or do girlfriends, but I'm the closest thing he's ever had to one. I mean, we get with other people, but he always comes back to me. I know he loves me."

Ew, okay. And why was she telling me this? I didn't care about who she and Tyler got with. Every guy like him was a nightmare, and I had no interest in being anywhere near him ever again.

In fact, I already had a plan to go directly to the counselor's office in the morning. I had to get my locker changed and switch any classes I might have with Tyler, Lucas, and Justin.

If the counselor asked me why, I would tell him a stupid story about how they reminded me of my awful past, which would ruin my chances of performing to the best of my ability. I would turn on the waterworks and whine about how I didn't want to ruin my precious opportunity of getting into Juilliard.

It was a long shot, but I was prepared to sit inside the counselor's office until he gave me what I wanted.

"Did you hear me, skank?" Jenny asked just before a group of girls entered the changing room. Jenny started making her crappy chitchat with them. Thank God.

Fixing my ponytail, I shoved my bag into a locker and snuck out the rear exit, so I didn't have to pass the group of girls. I wasn't here to talk. I was here to practice and workout.

As I stretched, I thought about how I needed a car. I would have to search the local listings tonight. I didn't want to be around Missy anymore. I hadn't even been here for a day, and she had made it absolutely clear I was not welcome. I still couldn't believe Missy actually expected me to apologize to Jenny this morning.

Yeah. No. An apology would never happen. Jenny was in her own class of bitch, and even though I was partly to blame, Jenny stooped to a new level when she punched me with my back turned. The more I thought about it, the more I believed that Missy was in on it. She should've given me a heads up, but instead, she'd let the whole thing happen with barely a glance in my direction.