Episode Thirty

"How?" I stepped toward the mirror as I analyzed the golden glow emanating from my eyes

"When we were young, Tyler and Lucas became my best friends because we could see the glow of each other's eyes. We knew it was important. Usually, at least from the stories we've heard, Guardian females reflect the glow of their fated mates, but Tyler and Lucas don't reflect my color like yours do. It's actually a good thing because I'm not attracted to guys, and neither are they, so we just kept it to ourselves and became best friends." Justin spun me toward him, curling a loose strand of hair around my ear. "Angel, you have no idea how happy we were when we saw your eyes that first day."

"So... you and me are mates?" I bit my lip.

"Fated mates." Justin's lips tugged up into a small grin as he slightly nodded. "Are you disappointed?"

My fingers dug into the fabric of his sweatshirt as my gaze fell, searching the ornate rug under our feet. "No. Of course not. I'm just so young. I mean, I believe in soulmates because my dad always told me everyone had a soulmate. I used to think he was talking about my mom, but after everything I've learned, I'm pretty sure he was talking about someone else."

"You're not wrong, Angel. Your father's the Sun Guardian, and from what I've been told, he was deeply in love with your mother, and she's not human." Justin grabbed my bag from the counter as hope bloomed inside me. I had a different mother out there and my dad was possibly being held captive in the place from my dreams.

"Wait, so my dad's alive? In my dream... they were about to do something bad to the Sun Guardian." My heart hammered in my chest as I swallowed over the rising lump in my throat. "How did I not know who he really was?"

Justin slid one arm around my shoulders and tugged me into him. "I'm not sure what's going on, but we're gonna get your dad back. Tyler's dad has to be with them too. And now that you know the Whistler is part of their group, we may be able to find out where they are. The Timeweaver is here to help and my father has a Stitcher on the way. We're gonna figure this out, and we won't leave you alone again."

Swallowing back the rock in my throat, I nodded as millions of questions came to the surface. "Then, why did Missy say my dad killed himself? And why does my human mother act like she's my birth mother? None of this makes any sense."

"Guardians can do some amazing things. I know for a fact, that like me, your father has the power of compulsion. Human minds are easy to control." Justin opened the door as I chewed on his words.

My dad controlled people's minds? Could he control mine? Could Justin? There was no telling what other abilities the Guardians had.

Lucas was leaning against the opposite wall when the door fully opened, and his eyes instantly lit to a green glow when he saw me. He gave me a huge smile, and I couldn't help but grin at him.

Tyler stepped into view as I inched out of the washroom. His eyes illuminated into their bright blue as I mentally prepared myself to meet Justin's father and the Timeweaver.