Chapter Nine

"Damon, why are you harassing Layla?" Elena asked, as she barged into the house.

"Just talking to the new girl in town." Damon replied, as I shook my in anger.

"Bitch." I grumbled, causing Damon to glare at me.

"You're not supposed to be here bothering her, Damon." Stefan stated, causing Damon to raise his hands in mock surrender.

"If you didn't want me to talk to her, you wouldn't have come home and told me about her. How she knew Bonnie was a witch the first night she met her. Don't let me forget her strength, she's quite strong actually." Damon said, arrogance practically radiating out of his voice.

"Damon." Stefan warned, as he held a stern glare with his brother.

"What, Stefan? I'm just saving our asses. I mean, think about it, how could a girl we never met, almost instantly realize Bonnie was a witch? So, my question is, what are you?" Damon growled, as he got in my face.

      I stood up straight, glaring right back into his eyes. He didn't intimidate me, not one bit. I've dealt with dogs scarier than him. I growled under my breath, as my glare deepened.

"Tell. Me." He spat, before I watched his face slowly morph.

       Instead of freaking out and running away like my mind was telling me to do, I reached into my jeans and grabbed my gun. I quickly cocked it, pointing it at Damon. As of now, I knew Damon and Stefan Salvatore were vampires, I just didn't know why they looked so different. They weren't the type of vampires I was used to, not at all. I had no idea how to kill them, but I didn't have to him them, as long as I could get away without dying.

"Whoa! Where'd you get that gun?!" Elena exclaimed, as I kept my eyes on Damon.

"Not important. What is important is the fact that you kept this a secret from me. You knew they were vampires, didn't you?!" I spat, causing her to shrink away, closer to Stefan.

"I-I didn't want you to kill them or get yourself killed." She stuttered out, causing me to sigh.

"Elena, I've been doing this since I could walk. I know how to protect myself. I appreciate you trying to protect me, but my whole life I grew up protecting myself and everyone else." I stated, as Damon's face slowly morphed back.

"What are you talking about? What are you?" Stefan asked, causing me to sigh.

      I lowered my gun, putting the safety back on and putting it back into the waistband of my pants. I ran my fingers through my hair, irritated that I have to tell a couple blood suckers about myself. I was supposed to keep a low profile, that's the whole point of me living with Elena, that was exactly why I left my brothers.

"Okay, look, everyone just sit down and we can talk this out. No fighting, no arguing and no interruptions, Damon." I stated, before giving Damon a glare.

     He smirk arrogantly again, before he, Stefan and Elena sat down. I almost groaned loudly, when I was stuck sitting next to Damon.

"Alright, so I did know Bonnie was a witch when I first met her. When I met Stefan, I knew right off the bat something was different, but I wasn't sure what it was but now it makes sense. Anyhow, if you'd like to know, my name is Layla Winchester and I'm a hunter." I stated, as I looked at both vampires.

"So?" Damon retorted, causing me to groan.

"I hunt supernatural creatures, asshat. I hunt things that go bump in the night. My Dad was never around, so I was raised by my older brothers, mostly my oldest brother Dean. I learned how to fight, hand to hand combat. I know how to use every weapon under the sun, and until today, I thought I knew how to kill all supernatural creatures that stood in my way." I explained, causing Damon to smirk.

"Well, since you don't know how to kill us, I guess I can do this." Damon commented, before he vamped out and tried to bite me.

     With quick reflexes though, I grabbed my knife and stabbed him in the gut. I knew it wouldn't hurt him too bad, but it would at least slow him down. He groaned in pain, looking down at the knife.

"I didn't expect that." He said, as he pulled the knife out and dropped it on the floor.

"Yeah, didn't think you would. As you can tell, I have cat like reflexes." I retorted, as he slowly healed back.

"Yeah, I see that now." He spat, as he sat back down on the couch.

"Damon, that wasn't necessary." Stefan stated, as Damon glared at me.

"Stefan-" Damon began, before Stefan cut him off.

"No, we're leaving. Have a nice day girls. Sorry about Damon. I'll make sure he keeps his distance, Layla." Stefan stated, before he practically dragged Damon out of the house.

"I didn't see that coming." Elena commented, causing me to smirk.

"I did, it's like my sixth sense." I replied, before picking up my knife off the ground.

      I walked into the kitchen, turning on the faucet. I quickly began to clean the knife, knowing Jenna didn't need to see the blood on it or in the sink. Elena watched me from the table, watching my every move. I think I freaked her out a little, but I wasn't going to sympathize with her. She kept a huge secret from me, knowing it was completely dangerous and didn't need to be a secret. I could've protected her, though I wasn't too sure how to keep them away. I was definitely going to need more research. So, I made a mental note to use my laptop to research them, as I was drying off my knife. Sliding it into it's sleeve, I heard the front door open.

"Layla! Where were you?!" Jenna exclaimed, causing me to roll my eyes.

    The night was never going to end...

××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know it seems a bit early, but they had to learn about each other.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment&
Share!

- Youngblood Xxx