Chapter Sixteen

Having Damon around, was like having my brothers around again, almost. He was annoying like them, but he was rather protective, too. I had gotten up from my spot on the couch to get a drink from the fridge. Jeremy thought it'd funny to scare me, which caused me to drop my drink. He didn't really scare me, but he had startled me. Anyhow, Damon ran in and told Jeremy to stop being childish, before he practically picked me up and forced me to go sit back down. He then fixed me a drink and brought it to me.

"Would you like to go to the grill? I need bourbon and you need food." Damon commented, causing me to shrug.

"I don't care. I'm not hungry though." I replied, and he smirked.

"You will be when you go inside and smell the food." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Or get sick from smelling the alcohol." I retorted, and he pursed his lips.

"I can fix that with just a few drops of--" He began, before I cut him off.

"No." I said, and he raised an eyebrow.

"You didn't even let me finish. I was going to say--" He began, but I cut him off again.

"I know you, so the answer is no." I replied, and he chuckled.

"You're no fun." He commented, and I shrugged.

"Neither is a vampire baby." I retorted, as he shook his head with a boyish smirk on his face.

"C'mon buzzkill, get ready." He said, and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm more than just a buzzkill." I replied, as I made my way over towards the stairs.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go, baby momma. We don't have all day. Oh wait! Yes, we do." He answered, and I groaned.

    As soon as I was in my room upstairs, I closed the door and threw myself back on the bed. I didn't want to be stuck with Damon all the time, but I guess it was better than being alone, especially since it seemed Elena was always going to be out with Stefan. If she was out with Bonnie or Caroline, she'd drag me with her, but luckily she didn't do so when she was with Stefan. I would not have the stomach to deal with them being too mushy all day everyday.

"C'mon Layla, I know you're just laying in the bed. Get your pregnant butt up and get dressed." Damon said, which made me wonder how long he had been lurking outside of my bedroom door.

      Groaning slightly, I stood up from the bed and walked over to my closet. I grabbed a pair of black jeans, a black tank top, and a black and white flannel, before slowly taking off my pajamas. As I slipped on my clothes, I realized my pants weren't buttoning. An angry groan left my lips, as I tried to suck in the fat that was beginning to grow.

"God--dammit just button!" I exclaimed, struggling to button my pants.

"Layla, are you alright?" Damon asked, his voice seeming less sarcastic than before.

     Instead of answering, I made my way over to the door and yanked it open. As soon as his eyes landed on my face, I could see his eyebrows scrunched in confusion and worry.

"You alright?" He asked, which seemed to be the magic words, as soon as they left his lips tears began to swell in my eyes.

"My pants won't button. I can't fit them anymore. I'm getting fat. I can't wear my favorite jeans." I cried, showing him that my pants wouldn't button.

"Oh, Layla," He cooed, as he pulled me into his chest,"I'll call Stefan, so he and Elena can meet us at the store. We're going to buy you some new clothes. For now just throw on some leggings or something, okay?" He commented, and I nodded.

      Pulling away from Damon, I walked over to my dresser and grabbed some black leggings. Instead of making Damon leave, I just yanked my pants down and threw them angrily at the wall. Damon watched me cautiously, worried I'd break down in tears again. Taking a deep breath, I slipped on my leggings and pulled my tank top to fit over the waistband of the leggings.

"Now, shoes." Damon commented, and I nodded.

     I walked over to my closet and grabbed my combat boots, before sitting down on my bed. I slipped on a pair of white socks, before slipping my feet into my boots. Luckily, the boots had a zipper on the back, so I didn't have to tie them up every time I wore them. I guess you could call them imitation combat boots, since I didn't feel like wearing my biker boots Dean had gotten me last year for my birthday.

"You ready?" Damon asked, causing me to nod.

"Yeah--just need to grab my phone." I answered, and he nodded.

     I walked over to my desk to grab my phone, before a light caught my eye. I looked over and my eyes landed on the necklace Dean had gotten me. Sam had gotten me one too, but it wasn't what had caught my eye. As soon as my eyes landed on the necklace, I felt my heart feel like it shattered.

"Are you going to wear it?" Damon asked, causing me to sigh.

"If I do, I think I might cry again." I replied, making him frown.

"Why? Who gave it to you?" He asked, and I smiled sadly.

"My big brother, Dean, gave it to me. My other brother, Sam, gave me a necklace as well, but obviously it isn't right here. Dean gave me the necklace for Christmas, right before Sam ran off to university, leaving Dean and I stuck with Dad." I answered, and he nodded.

"Well, let's go. You can tell me more on the ride, but we need to leave now, otherwise Stefan and Elena will get impatient." Damon stated, and I agreed.

      I didn't know if I had it in me to tell Damon everything, but I really needed to get some stuff off my chest. I knew talking to Damon would be good for me, but I didn't know if I trusted him. I didn't know if I trusted myself...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. The next chapter will probably be mostly dialogue, but I promise it'll be interesting, and may even have some cute little parts from Damon or Layla, maybe Stefan and Elena. I'm not sure how much is going to be put into the next chapter, and by that, I mean, I'm not sure if they'll arrive at the store in the next chapter, or if it'll be only the car ride.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx