𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

「𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐲𝐧」

i am finally going to meet the melon boy. i am so excited. i think this is the first time, i have smiled in a few weeks. i think about all the things, we could talk about. i would know his name, how he looks, what he likes. it is probably going to be the best day. 

i picked my favorite nasa shirt and paired it with my favorite black jeans. my cap which i like to wear on sunny days like today rested on my head, my sun glasses covering my eyes from the bright sun. i looked at myself and smiled at my reflection. "smile suits you besson", i tell myself and rush down the stairs. 

with a smile, i leave the house and drive toward the planetarium. as soon a i reached i booked two tickets for the show and waited outside on the bench for my melon boy. as i waited i realized, i didn't even know who i was looking for. i don't even know how the melon boy looks. how am i going to identify him. my eyes stormed the huge crowd which waited in line for the tickets to the show. my eyes finally laying on the boy wearing the shirt, "i am one in a melon". i chuckled he has to be my melon boy. i stood up and my eyes moved to his face. 

blue eyes, pretty pink lips, the cleanest jawline and the tooth gap. "daniel!", i thought to myself. i froze in my position. daniel is the melon boy. he has to be. why did this not strike me earlier. the bet. i was his bet. i stumbled in my tracks, hiding behind a bush. i can't meet him, not right now. not like this. i tread my path back to my car. analyzing the situation. all the conversations that i shared with the melon boy, it all made sense. 

he bet on me. how dare he. but he did it for his sister. i promised him that bean would understand his condition. that i would understand his condition. he needs me, as a friend. i have to be by his side, although it would break my heart. i can't let him know that i am space boy, he would never be able to look at me without guilt in his eyes.  i can't look at him, its too painful but i can talk to him. i have to.

space boy
hey melon,
i won't be able to
make it. i am 
sorry.

melon boy.
i already got the tickets
but it is alright.
how about tomorrow?

space boy
i can't

melon boy
np. i am in no hurry
any time over the summer

space boy.
sorry.

melon boy
you sound like you
don't want to meet me.
it is alright i guess. :(

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆