Chapter 12

You guys might kill me. So I'm really sorry for this chapter. Just don't stab me.

I picked up Forest and weakly wobbled to a couch. I placed her down and then walked to Dove.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed. She looked confused.

"This is all my fault! If you hadn't met me, this wouldn't have happened!"

She cried and wrapped her arms around me. She used to smell good, but I guess this place ruined her.

Peter walked into the room and stood in front of me. A knife was in his hand.

"Go make me dinner."

"No."

Peter glared at me as he grabbed Dove. He shook his head and sighed. Dove started to shake with fear.

He tied her up and placed her hands on a table. She had a blindfold on her eyes so she couldn't see.

"Peter, what are you doing?"

"You don't listen to me, Daisy."

"Peter?"

"You should have listened."

He gently slid the knife across her hands and fingers. I could see Dove stiffen each time the metal went over her skin.

I rushed over to Peter but he kicked me down. He sighed and tied my hands and feet.

"Please don't hurt her!"

He ignored me and sliced one of her fingers off. Dove and I screamed at the same time as blood poured out of the wound.

"Peter, stop!" I screamed. He smiled and then went to her other hand. He slowly cut it off, making Dove gasp and choke in pain and tears.

Dove's head rolled to the side as her body went limp. Tears blurred my vision until I couldn't see.

"Let this be a lesson to you," he said. He walked away, leaving me and Dove alone.

All I could think about was Harper now. How it was all my fault Harper died. Her fucking fake smile.

I laid on the floor and stared straight ahead, not that I could see anything but my tears.

I was so hopeless. So scared. I couldn't even check to see if Dove was alive. I couldn't help her.

"I'm so sorry, Liam. I'm sorry Forest. I'm sorry Dove. I'm sorry Copper. I'm not strong enough."

I felt so empty. Liam was probably wondering where I went, and Copper was at home with no food. Everything was my fault.

I closed my eyes and listened. Listened to the sound of blood dripping onto the wood flooring.

I hoped Dove was alive. I needed her.

I closed my eyes and went to sleep.