Chapter 8- a transformation

I am so so so sorry!!! I have had major writing block and hope you all forgive me!!! also this chapter is short, like half of a good chapter so sorry about that as well. please enjoy the book!!!!

-A

Lumin's POV

It's been a week of training with Violet and simple exercises with the lions. This morning I did my normal routine; wake up from a nightmare or because of my crazy sleep schedule, talk with the lions, then head to breakfast. Going down the white hallways I find myself at the dining hall. I walk towards my seat next to Allura on her left and sit. "Good morning everybody!" I say cheerfully to everyone. "Good morning to you as well Lumin," Allura stated. I went and poured some green food goo into my bowl. Taking a bite I started eating my food.

The other paladins talked on and I continued to consume my food. About half-way through breakfast, Shiro started the conversation about Violet and I. "It's been a week of training, I think we should try to add the Purple lion and Lumin to Voltron now." he said with the confident leadership voice that means; It's not a suggestion, we're doing it. "Ya! I wonder what it will look like?!" Pidge babbled with enthusiasm. "Do you think we get a tail?!" Hunk asked excitedly. "We'll have to just wait to find out, but I'm also excited!!!" I burst with excitement. With that, I continue to finish my half-eaten goo.

Outside in our lions, we head back to planet Cinder. (again, made that up) "Ok team, remember to stay in formation and focus to become one," Shiro ordered to us. I hovered above the black lion and we start to ascend. "Let's do this!!!" Lance shouted to us. "Yes!" we all yell back. -three hours later- "so what should we do, I mean we haven't gotten any progress at all." (Me writing this story/fanfiction) Pidge stated. We were still trying to form Voltron and nothing has happened except one time, we almost combined but Lance crashed into a bolder in a cliff we were passing.

We were laying down beside our lions and discussing how we could transform. "Hey, guys." Keith started. "Maybe if we had the castle shoot at us it could be like before." he finished. "Ya, that's a good idea, Keith!" Shiro said. "I was just about to say that to ya know!" Lance insisted. "Well, it's worth a try," I commented, starting to walk into Violet. "Allura, I was wondering if you could please put the castle into the defensive mode?" I asked her. "Of course. Just give me a tic ok?" she responded. "Yes thank you, Allura!" I exclaimed.

Flying into space near the castle we get in our positions. "Are you ready guys?" Allura questioned, getting ready for the castle to start shooting us. "Yep, we're ready when you are princess," Shiro said. "Ok. starting in Three...two...one...Now!" she counted down telling us when she started.

The castle began shooting at us and we maneuvered around the attack, staying in formation. We were dogging for a minute when finally something happened. We all started moving closer to each other and gained speed. Then our lions started to transform, my lion made it' self into a 'V' shape that went into the middle of Voltron.

"Yes!!! We did it!!!" I shouted. "Woohoo!" and "Yes" was all anyone could hear for the next two minutes. "Good work paladins" Allura piped in through the communications. "Great job guys, we did it! Now let's go get something to eat ok?" Shiro said after the ear-piercing screams. "Ya I think we're all hungry," I responded. "Well, I guess I should start cooking," Hunk spoke up. "No need, I already cooked some food!" Coran told us. "Coran... I'm going to cook something up as well." Hunk stated. "Ya I'm going to stick with hunks food thank you very much." Lance sassed back to poor Coran over the coms. "Me and everyone will stick with hunks food no matter how healthy it is," Pidge commented. "Don't worry Coran. Allura and I will eat your cooking. It reminds us of home." I said happily, and everyone could hear the smile on my face. "Thank you Lumin, I appreciate that!" He answered optimistically as always. We de-transformed and ascended back to the castle.

____________________________________________________________

words- 693

i hope you had a good summer and had a nice time reading this. its been a bit hectic with my brother moving out soon and my birthday which is on Aug 26 so ya. any birthday twins? i hope you have an amazing morning/afternoon/night/day. 💗💛💙

- A