Opposites Attract

This is, as you can tell, not part of Butterflies. Part two to that will be next.

Thank you to @onceuponadime09 for the request ❤️

I hope you don't mind but I changed it up a bit.

~

Betty's P.O.V.

"Betty, Joanna!" mom called from downstairs. "Come on, you're gonna be late for school!"

I opened my bedroom door as Joanna swiftly ran down the stairs. I tried not to wince as I followed her, my loud steps thudding on the stairs.

Joanna and I are identical twins, yet we're not similar at all. She's the popular, perfect queen bee, and I'm the girl no one pays attention to.

"Morning, mom," Joanna said.

"Good morning, girls," she greeted us with a warm smile. "You'll have to take something with you to eat. You guys weren't early enough."

Joanna grabbed an apple and washed it under the sink. Mom took and apple and offered it to me, but I smiled and said, "I'm not that hungry."

Our mom was the only one who didn't treat us differently, and I was beyond thankful for that. She looked at me and she looked at my sister and saw, and I quote "two beautiful teenage girls who have nothing and everything in common."

"Bye, mom," we both said in unison.

She smiled. "Bye, girls! Oh, and can you check if your sister Polly is at school? I didn't see her when I woke up."

"She's upstairs," Joanna said. "Still getting ready."

Mom rolled her eyes. "Of course. I'll go get her. You guys go ahead."

We left the house as Mom called to our sister, "Polly! You're gonna be late, sweetie!"

Joanna and I walked to school side by side, her head straight up and smiling, my head hung low.

When we arrived, Sweet Pea, one of the jocks, raced up to her and scooped her up in his arms. She laughed and kissed him.

She was in a happy, cliche relationship with him. And who did I get? Nobody.

One of Sweet Pea's jock friends, Jughead Jones, walked up beside him, rolling his eyes when he saw the couple in each other's arms.

I blushed as we made eye contact.

Well . . . Maybe not nobody.

There was this one time. It wasn't too long ago, like maybe a week before or something. But I was in the supply closet getting something for my classroom when Jughead walked in, and . . .

We didn't have sex, but maybe we would've. I'm not sure. But the bell rang, and we both jumped apart and headed off to our next class, not speaking of it ever again.

"Hey, Betty," he greeted me, giving me his signature half-smile.

I smiled back but didn't say anything. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened.

To my luck, the bell rang, reminding us that we had to go to class.

So, we did. Science, history, language. Then lunch.

Except I didn't eat lunch. I didn't get the chance, because before I could grab the handle to open the cafeteria door, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"Jughead?" I questioned. "What—?"

His grip tightened on my wrist as he opened the supply closet door and escorted me in.