Escaping

I creep out of my bed, I tip-toe to the wooden door. Everyone is in a deep sleep. The sky is as dark as chocolate, which they give you only on your birthday. I open the old wooden door, it makes a small creak. I'm a skinny, dark brown-haired girl. I'm on the average side of humans I suppose. I get out of my room which I share with four other girls who are the same age as me. I go up three flights of stairs to my principles room. I press my ears up against the door. All I can hear is loud snoring.

I close my eyes and try not to breathe loudly so I do not awake her. I grab the keys out of my dress pockets. One of the maids dropped it under my bed. I won't give it back, I need to escape. I'm tired of staying here, always being dragged around by everyone. I just can't take it anymore. I put the largest key in the keyhole. I am praying that one of the three keys will fit inside the hole. The largest one doesn't fit. I try the second largest one, it won't fit. I get on my knees, my stockings are getting dirty, but I don't care. I place the keys on the floor beside me, "Please, God, where ever you are, help me" I whisper. I close my eyes and a salty tear rolls down. I get up and clean my skirt.

I try the smallest key. I tried the doorknob and it opened. I tip-toed to the drawers. I opened the first one, it had some socks and stockings. I then tried the drawer on the bottom, it had a purse, I looked inside and found a few dollar bills. I grabbed them and put them inside of the left pocket on my dress. I looked inside Adea's closet. It had more money. Under her closet there was a shoebox, I opened it and found quarters and nickels. I grabbed a handful and put them inside my right pocket. I closed the closet door and headed out Adea's room.

I arrived at the kitchen, I took out the keys and tried them on the pantry door, when it opened I found my self baffled at how many treats there were. I grabbed some butter cookies, a chocolate bar, and some unsalted crackers. I stepped outside of the pantry and closed the door, it automatically locked itself.

I took a breath and opened the locked door, I stepped out and felt a warm breeze through my hair. It was wonderful, it was amazing. We never got to go outside. I kneeled on the lush grass and picked a flower. I didn't know what type of flower it was, but it is beautiful. I put it behind my ear. I got up and looked behind me. "I won't miss you." I declared out loud. I suppose I might when I become a painter, or a write or a principle like Ms. Adea, but nicer.

While I was in Ms. Adea's room, I also took a map with me. I read a book on how to navigate maps. I looked at the compass, north was the train station. I must go there.