3. Caveat.

(Just an announcement! I'll explain why Gaster's evil in this when he wasn't in the first story next chapter. Also, If the people who the OC's are based on read this, any ships with those characters don't reflect the real people. it's just for the purpose of the story.)

Your POV

A blast of cold air greeted me as I opened the door. Snow. That... wasn't what I was expecting.

I started walking.

"Sorry, just, wasn't expecting snow underground. How does that even work?"

Crunch crunch. My feet fell through the snow with every step.

Crunch crunch.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Probably the cold.

Crunch crunch.

As I took another step, before my foot hit the snow, I heard a step in the snow behind me. My blood turned colder than the snow around me.

I whipped my head around. Nobody there. A footprint was held in the snow, different than mine.

I turned to run, coming face to face with who was following me. I jumped, falling into the snow. I looked at them.

I'd have thought they were human if it weren't for their eyes. They had two gaping pits with small white lights in them.

They chuckled through their purple scarf.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He laughed. He put out his hand to help me get up.

Shaking the snow off me, I introduced myself.

He pulled down his scarf, letting me see his face. "I'm Caveat. Nice to meet you."

I couldn't help myself, I had to ask.

"Are you a human or a monster?" I asked bluntly.

He chuckled again. "Both. My dad's a monster, my mother's a human."

"Wait, so it's possible for there to be a hybrid?" I asked.

He suddenly went kind of quiet.

"Well, there's only two of us, but yeah. Myself and Princess Melody."

He didn't say anything else. I was slightly worried I'd offended him somehow.

I started walking again.

"I'll see you up ahead!" Caveat said. He didn't move.

I rolled my eyes and continued on. There were some really old puzzles out here. Nothing too difficult, but I wondered why they were out here.

"Help!"

I turned to the voice. A small snowman with an icicle hat was being attacked by...

I had no idea what this thing was. It looked kind of like a person, but I couldn't see any depth to its features. It seemed to be either holding a staff or had something hanging from its head. Glowing tendrils were snaking toward the poor monster.

I ran over to help it. The thing pulled its tendrils back. It started to talk in a garbled voice.

"Interesting. A new human. My master will want to know about this. But I can't let you keep me from letting him feed."

My head hurt slightly. I almost felt like I could see its words written in my head. The letters flickered to strange symbols. Faces and hands.

I was so distracted I didn't notice the thing creeping towards me.

The monster screamed pulling me back to reality.

I held out my hand pointlessly. I couldn't do anything.

A large magic bone stabbed through one of the thing's tentacles, freeing the monster. "Both of you! Run!" Caveat stood on the path, eyeing this thing down. I didn't need to be told twice. Picking up the small monster I booked it.

The thing laughed at Caveat. "So, the child of the multiverse is here to save the day. I'm not going to try to fight you. I'm no fool. But give a message to your father: The man behind the gray door will return."

The thing turned to dust. Caveat was frozen still.

He looked at me, then at the dust on the snow. He shook his head then nodded. I blinked, and when my eyes opened, he was... just... gone!

"Thanks for helping me, but can you please get your hands off my hat?"

The monster, Ice Cap, pointed to a cluster of lights down the tunnel. I nodded.

"there's a big hotel there. Nice and warm."