11. what to do?

Prota's POV

The skeleton paused the recording, before sighing. The lizard woman next to him spoke up. "I d-didn't want t-to believe it... Sans, what do we do?" she asked her coworker.

Sans didn't respond, looking like he was frozen. Caveat shook his shoulder. "Dad, what do we do?" you still were really wondering how a human and a skeleton did... that.

Sans replied lamely that he didn't know.

"D-do we t-tell the royal guard?" Alphys asked. Why does she keep stuttering?

"No. we can't. You heard it yourself that the more people remember him, the stronger he gets. Explaining to the guard would only strengthen him."

You cleared your throat. "What if you don't explain it? Just warn them that there's a threat?" you said.

"Maybe. Sounds reasonable. But what about the royal family? If Gaster is somehow taking monsters souls, should the king be made aware?" Sans asked.

Caveat nodded. "Probably. It seems like Gaster is also eager to get a human soul. That puts a target on Mom, Prota here, and the queen. I know any of them can fight, but I think it would be better to caution all the people in danger."

Sans and Alphys nodded. "It's probably best not to alert the general public though. Word of mouth could lead to even a tiny memory, and if they panic, that's one more thing for the guard to handle." Sans said.

Alphys went to her desk and brought back a small letter opener. "H-here, human. You said that you l-lost what you've been defending yourself with." she handed it to you.

"It's all a question of when they'll strike. Alphys, contact Undyne right away. I'll tell Shift, too. After that, I have an idea. Caveat, just try and act normal for the time being. Don't give any cause for alarm.

Suddenly, the door erupted with loud banging, before being wrenched open.

3rd POV

Neos burst into the lab, ecstatic.

"My parents said they were so impressed with my puzzles and my fight, they're going to let me host a show! Human! I want you to be a contestant in a game show!"

Sans looked at Caveat with a look, telling him to act normal.

"Huh. sounds fun. I'll tag along." Cav said.

Cav gave us a shortcut back to Snowdin. Neos quickly ushered me into the film studio to a booth that had been set up.

"Okay, I'm ready." he said.

"Hello Underground! My name is Neos, And I'm hosting this episode! Today we are doing a quiz show! Here's our guest contestant, Prota the human!"

The camera cut to the human, who waved nervously.

"Human, are you ready for the first question?"

Prota nodded.

"What is the name of the king of the underground?"

-Prota's thoughts- crap. Melody never said her dad's name. Uhh, she has horns, the queen is a human so the king is a monster. Only other monsters with horns like that I've seen are Asgore and Toriel, they said they had a son...-

"Asriel Dreemurr?"

"Correct! Next question!"

Prota waved off the surprise of the goat grandparents being royalty and focused.

"At a nice cream cart, how much does a biscicle cost?"

The human quickly answered with 11 gold.