7. Princess Melody.

Prota's POV

Neo rushed to show his parents the recording of the two of you.

You explained to MTT how you're trying to get to the end of the underground. Mettaton and Papyrus give you some money and supplies for your trip. You went out, headed for Waterfall.

Carver raced up to you. "You talked to my parents about Willard, right?" Upon hearing you forgot Carver's face fell. "Why?! Why does no one ever do anything to help me? Why does he never get punished?!" Carver threw a pencil at you.

Silently, you swore to yourself. Carver was furious. He sent more attacks. A strange box showed up in front of you. A moment later, your view of Carver was obstructed by lightning. Carver backed up.

Stepping over the boundary between Snowdin and Waterfall, a strange girl glared at Carver.

"Carver, just stop it. They just forgot, probably."

The ghost sighed.

"Humans are our friends, Carver. They can't exactly leave, we might as well be kind to them." She continued.

Carver cleared his throat. "Y-yes, Princess Melody. I apologize."

Melody turned to you. "What's your name? I'm Melody Dreemurr, princess of the underground."

You introduce yourself. Like Caveat, she looked mostly human. The only things that revealed her monster half were the two short horns atop her brown hair.

Accepting her offer for a guide through Waterfall, the two of you set off.

<time skip>

Trying to break the awkward silence you asked Melody a question. "So, a hybrid princess. How'd that end up happening?"

Melody stops. "Well, it all really started when my mom, Frisk, fell into the underground." she said. You blink. So Frisk, the one Toriel told you to talk to, was the queen? Wow.

"She went through the underground, becoming friends with everyone she met. Then, as she put it, she got frustrated. Because there was one person she couldn't help.

My mom had the ability to reset time, but even then, she couldn't get a happy ending for my dad, the king. No matter what, he'd turn back into a soulless little flower."

"Wait, do you mean Flowey? How are they..." 

"she never stopped trying to save him. most people would have given up, but, well, determination. but even then it took a toll on her. She... did a few bad things to relieve the stress, and someone had to stop her. that timeline, someone from another timeline appeared and stopped her from continuing what she was doing.

My mother reset. In this timeline, they were able to separate Flowey and my dad into two different people. My mother married him, and later they had me."

You blinked again. Wow. That was quite a story. You continued walking. The hair on the back of your neck stood on end.

You had the uneasy feeling you're being watched. Melody says she thinks so too. You turn around. A short reptilian monster stands, looking at you. They seem... wrong. Like the color, the life, had been sucked out of them.

Everything went black. The menu appeared again.

The monster, Suzy, apparently, spoke in the same symbols as that other thing. You ready your trowel, the edges of it dented from fighting Neo. It sent a claw-like attack at you. You sidestep.

It goes on and on about how your soul will be useful to its master. Melody tries to help, but the star attacks disappear inches from it.

It laughs. "Have you ever thought about a world where everything's the same, but you don't exist? That's the world our master lives in. But your soul will change that."

You drive your weapon across its eyes, making it stagger back. "I'd rather keep it for myself, thanks." You say.

You and Melody flee. The monster starts to follow, but it trips. You thank whatever guardian angel you have that it struggles to get up without arms.

After passing a statue, you stop to catch your breath.

"What was that?" Melody asked.

You tell her about the monster in Snowdin forest.

She sighs. "You two were lucky Cav was there, I guess."

You look at her. "Cav? Is that a nickname for Caveat?"

She tells you it's what he prefers to go by.

The two of you continue on, until you hear metal clanging.

Melody's face brightens. "The royal guard is training! Let's go watch!" She says.

Considering it's probably safest near them, you agree.

Okay, more character art soon. I don't have to worry about my term project in English so I should have a bit more time to write. See you soon!